Chapter 9 ** A Story to Tell

 Late afternoon, after Haleya's training Lord Hasi came to her.

"Come with me Haleya." he tapped her back.

"Where are we going, lord Hasi?" she asked in confusion.

"To the Green Door."

"Green Door? What's that?"

"Just see for yourself child." The old man smiled at her. "I have to show you something. Something every creature in this world knew.  And as the student of this Academy, you have to know it yourself."

"Wow! What is this place?" Haleya exclaimed when she entered the Green Door.

"This child, is the Chamber of the Tombs."

"The tombs?? You mean, like a cemetery?"

The old man laughed. "I don't know what that means. But this place is where we buried our heroes, ancestors and majesties."

"And why are we here exactly?" she raised an eyebrow while eyeing the old man.

"For you to know each of them. To know that their death is not in vain. To know why we have this academy built for and trained warriors. To know the history of Zevadia."

"Awesome! But, I think we could just talk about that in some other place, lord Hasi. Why here?"

"Now, now Haleya, are you afraid of the dead?"

"Me? No! It's just i feel a bit creepy in here." she grinned but she could not hide the goosebumps she's been feeling.

"Nonsense!" lord Hasi waved his hand to her. "Why don't you look around Haleya?"

"Look around? This ain't an amusement park!" she said in a high pitch tone. The old man just laughed at her.

"Humans are really fascinating!"

Haleya wandered he eyes around the chamber. The tombs were organized.  The place was rectangular. But it doesn't looked like tombs at all but a pile of rocks which has carvings on it. The different colors of the tombs caught her attention.

"Lord Hasi, why does it have a division on every side and differs in color used in carvings. I mean this side is green, here's blue, then red and.. you know." she asked as she pointed on every wall.

"A very good question to start with." he replied. "You see Haleya, color depicts every single person who died and buried here. What do you think blue is for?"

"Royalty? Those tombs were the majesties." she guessed.

"Right. Right. And red is for the heroes who shed their blood to protect this world. And green..."

"For the ancestors."

"Yes."

Haleya went straight to the majesties' tomb. She ran her fingers in each of the carvings. When it reached the bottom, the tomb moved backward. She moved back and looked at lord Hasi.

"I didn't..." slowly shaking her head.

"No Haleya. It's okay. Those that moved back have nothing in it."

" Nothing? What do you mean?"

"Those are the last blood of the Zeya family." he pointed. "The King died in the battle 17 years ago. The queen is said to be dead and the baby in her tomb. But no one saw her body. That's why those tombs where empty."

"Too bad for the baby. Such misfortune." True. I feel bad. Lucky me, I still got a chance to open my eyes in this beautiful world.

"Yes. Yes. And that baby, which we in this academy and the palace believed is still alive and is our only hope. That child is The last Zeya of throne."