The Love You Gave Away

Hearing Kid out you walked over shoving your way through them. Lucci stood up immediately the moment you stopped in front of him. "You think you can take me to work?" Lucci smirked with Hattori clapping his wings. "Coco!"

Turning back to face everyone your eyes were dangerous. "No more breaking my living room."

Kid crosses his arms looking away not giving a shit. “So your just going to leave? Not even stay with us or anything?”

Killer watched you get onto Lucci's back before disappearing and reappearing on a rooftop.

"He's almost as fast as her." Wire says impressed. Killer leaves the apartment walking away toward the street. 

"Where you going?"

Heat appears under Wire. 

"To look for her sword." Both tall men looked at each other then back at their crewmen. 

"Wait! We are coming along!" 4 crewmen followed along with Wire and Heat. Kid sat on the sofa with his arms crossed listening. Standing up he leaves your apartment with the rest of the men. Also taking your speaker along.

"She won't leave the island until she finds her sword? That's all she told you?" Kid can't believe that you told Killer such little information about your voyages with Katakuri. "If that's so why didn't he call us? Get in contact with the Charlotte family!" Kid tells one of the crewmen who nod their heads departing with a partner.

"No! We are not looking for a sword! I'll make her two of them! My kiddo is coming back with us! I aint no way in a ll fucking 7 helsl gonna let that bastard take her away from me!" Kid said realizing it's stupid to search for your Haki sword in a big place like this. Just easier if he made you better ones.

Killer was silent lost in his thoughts. Just that small vivid memory of you falling on top of him. Connecting each others lips. 

Love.

It’s just something he can’t have with you. Something he has run away from. With you it is much more than just a feeling. It’s like reliving, feeling worth something. You look up to him and Kid. Such a wonderful bond.

Just having it all flood into his mind. To be the first man to call you “My Baby Girl.” To be the first man to trust in this outside world. The only man who taught you without having to shut himself off from you. But from everyone, out of everyone. You called him your father. Chose him to have the father figure you have lost. 

First girl to ever see and touch his face. Know his deepest secrets and his darkest sides. To change the very wild man he was. The one to run to him when ever you were being chased or being threatened. For you he was your heart and stone. The one to care for you, lift you up when you failed. 

Never feeling wanted or needed but you were. It’s just like closing his eyes and envisioning you as that girl selling fishes. Slowly growing to be an adventurous teenager with such spunk that it made everyone feel old. Now, there is you. The gorgeous fully grown woman you are now.

But you seem so tired and worn out. Only when you see Lucci do you seem to become youthful. A living firework.

Such a lovely smile with diamond eyes that seemed to shine for him.

“Seeing her grow up. Nurturing her to be prepared for this world.”

Killer slowly opens his eyes still seeing you through his eyes. The way you laughed, cried, hid and smiled. Seeing you run freely through the air so Kid couldn’t capture you when he was upset. Seeing you heal your own wounds and hiss from your own pain. Hiding all of your scars from the crew. 

Whenever you were done and down he would be there.

Bandaging you up and getting you back up to your feet. 

Being with you on late nights watching the stars from the skies. How you would reach out to them as if you wear reaching out to your goals. How he would do everything in his power to help you achieve them. Help you get whatever you needed. Even if it meant having you leave for long periods of time.

Helping you sneak out on late nights and keep his Captain occupied until you returned the next day.

What greater feeling is there to see that smile on your face? To feel the joy of your accomplishments. It’s as if he felt the morning sun warm his heart just hearing you, seeing you, feeling you, and being with you. 

Your accomplishments were his. Your failures were his. Your sorrow was his. 

There is just so much more than you being an existing being. You meant so much more in his eyes. 

“Letting her know she meant everything to me. Teaching her that she is value. She can accomplish her dreams.”

That not any man can claim your heart. That not any man can treat you the way they want to. That they can change you. Not you, not his baby girl. 

No man can do that to you.

Killer made damn sure he insecured values upon you. Just as Kid made sure no boy who came in like a shaking dog with their tail tucked in between their legs look for you. 

Especially on his ship! This is your home! And unless you invited a boy over and told your Captain! They may have had a chance to leave the ship. 

But they all go missing. 

But it’s just the pain he feels for you. Letting it sweep into his aching heart. Watching you grow up, training you, teaching you, protecting you. 

All of his hard work. 

“Just so another man can take her away.”

Now you don’t just see him or your Captain. You look away to see your lover. To be in his arms. To smile and laugh with him. To cry and shatter in his palms. Show him your flaws. 

The trust you are giving to your lover. The love you give to your lover. At first it was just an adorable little love story but now as you are mature.

Killer doesn’t feel so happy with having perfect eyebrows take away his baby girl. Or even emotional damage you. Especially knowing how much you do love Lucci.

“So please just understand we are doing this out of a reasonable decision.”

 The blacksmith were tied up shaking in fear as Killer raised up his knives. Kid was in the back already hammering the metal while Heat torched an already framed metal sword.