Mountain

Lucci walked with you watching you from the corner of his eyes. Hattori was on your shoulder nuzzling your cheek trying to cheer you up.

"I'll do whatever it takes to make you stronger. I'll break your chains. I'll take you the top, I'll catch you when you fall and I will defend you."

Stopping you look up at Lucci in shocked silence.

"Lucci." He stops turning to look down at you. "I will break you down and built you back up. With the only promise of you to always be by my side. You are never alone with me."

Lucci lowers his head to you. "You'll hate me. You have bigger dreams but you have to leave your own life behind. But you promise me."

His silver eyes dug into your determined eyes. "Never leave my side."

Stopping you both searched deep into each other. The moment of vulnerability left you with no choice. Opening his hand he let your slide on his as you both begin to walk.

---  

Thunder roared the sky as you ran through the rain with a backpack. The mud ground sunk your feet down making you even more tired. Lucci of course had already finished the run. The cold heavy rain made it harder for you to breath as your body had enough. Falling forward those who were behind ran in front of you others jumped slamming their feet on your head smashing your face in the mud. Lifting yourself up gasping you coughed out the mud.

"Come on Marine!" They mocked you as they continued to run. Others kicked your side, kicked mud on your face while others just made a circle around you to run on top of you. "What's wrong?" One of them shoved your face in the mud.

They all laughed getting back together running off.

Shaking your head slamming your fists on the the mud shedding tears. Lucci was running back till the pack passed him but you weren't with them. Looking back at the darkness of the night from the rain. Dropping his backpack sprinting through the mud. Till a figure through the rain stopped him. A staggering walk of limp arms made its way.

A muddy face with tears that looked up to meet his silver eyes.

Making it to him your eyes met with his.

Tears that showed so much humiliation that made him almost enraged. Closing his eyes he remembered his vow. It rates him that the students treat you this way but you refuse to report them. Telling him it's making you stronger.

It won't be long till he finds who these students are and he will put them back in place.

"Whatever it takes." He says softly. Shaking your head in agreement, he got in front of you and begin to run. Grabbing hold of your bag you kept up with him left, right, left, right.

"Breath in through your nose and out! Keep your mouth shut! When you feel your body begging to get heavy breath out from your mouth and inhale deeply! Do everything quickly!"

Listening to him you begin to feel less pain.

Lightning crashed down on a tree as it begin to fall. "Sprint!" Lucci screamed.

Acting on his command you both sprinted under the falling tree. Looking back you were in shock but you trusted Lucci. Smiling you rubbed the mud off your face and kept up with him.

Lucci looked down at the ground and grabbed the bag he threw down, strapping it on. Passing the pack they all looked at you in shock as you ran with Lucci. The hardened determination on your face that withheld no sense of surrender.

You sounded more like a horse with the way you were breathing heavily. With the pain on your side from the muscles of your ribs made it difficult to breath. Closing your eyes to push through. Pushing your own limits but you were going to do it, whatever it takes you will be stronger. Increasing the speed you ran beside Lucci. Lucci looked over to your side as you begin to pass him.