Finding Bang Chan pt. 2 (Stray Kids)

At this point I cared less about actually finding Chan and more about solving the mystery of why nobody will tell me where he is. I thought about calling Changbin, but I knew that he was at the studio with Hyunjin and probably didn't want to be bothered. There was only one boy left to ask and if anyone were going to let the secret slip, it would be him. I knocked on the door to Jeongin's room and waited for the maknae to open the door. He scanned my face and I waited for the panic to wash over his features, but he remained totally calm. Maybe he doesn't know what's going on either, I thought to myself.  He motioned for me to follow him into the room and he glanced at the digital clock on his nightstand.
     "Oh, perfect timing. Seungmin is going to love that." Jeongin smiled as he shuffled over to his desk and carefully picked up an envelope. He held it out to me with an excited look in his eyes.
     "Perfect timing? What is this?" I wondered aloud, studying the paper in my palm. The envelope was a light blue and my name was written on the back in what I was sure was Bang Chan's handwriting. I'm finally making progress, I thought as I slid the letter out of the package. My eyes focused on the words carefully.

   So, you're probably very confused right now, but that's all part of the plan. I mean, if you have this letter then you must have gone to ask Jeongin where I am, which shows that you care. Without you, I was always lost and confused. I didn't know what I was doing with my life or understand anything that was going on. I was afraid. That all changed when I first met you. Do me a favor and go to the place where we first came face to face with each other.

   I was stunned for a moment before folding the letter up and sticking it in my pocket. I was so entranced when reading the note that I hadn't even realized that Jeongin had left the room. I took another look around the dorm just to find that all of the members were now gone. I would be lying if I said that this wasn't the most unusual day I have ever had and it's still moderately early. I gathered my things, slipped on a coat, and walked out the door. I knew exactly where I needed to go. I remembered the day I met Chan as if it had just happened recently....
~flashback~
It was my first day as a trainee at JYP and needless to say I was a nervous wreck. As a foreigner, I only knew how to speak basic Korean. I didn't know my way around the building. I definitely had no idea what I was actually doing. While awkwardly looking around like a lost puppy, I neglected to pay attention to what was in front of me. I walked straight into the shoulder of a man that kind of smelled like what I would imagine heaven would. He looked down at me and smiled.
"Hey there, are you alright?" I don't know what I was expecting to come out of this guys mouth, but I didn't run the possibility of a thick Australian accent across my mind. He also spoke with such warmth and kindness, I think my heart stopped beating.
"Oh, uh...yeah, I'm good. I'm sorry about that. It's my first day and to be honest my brain is like a GPS that's constantly rerouting." I blushed pink as my eyes fell to the ground.
"Oh my god, you're a new trainee? That's so adorable. I remember my first day. I'm Bang Chan, or just Chan, or Chris, you can call me anything really. I'd be homered to help you out."
~end of flashback~

I stepped out of the vehicle in front of the JYP building and made sure to carefully look around before heading inside. I didn't want to miss anything important. After walking through the doors, I scanned the room. I've been in this building so many times since that day, but in this situation it's like I'm lost all over again. I took my time getting to the exact place I ran into Chan. That's when I noticed someone very familiar. Han Jisung was waiting patiently, right where Chris and I met. I hurriedly jogged over to him and he smiled from ear to ear.
"Jisung, are you wearing a suit?" I asked, looking him up and down.
"Yes, yes I am. Minho wasn't really cool with me leaving the house in my underwear." He chuckled, pulling another envelope out of his jacket. "For you, m'lady."

Author's Note
I'm so sorry that it took this long for me to update. Megan and I have both been busy busy busy but ayyyy I finally got this published. Hope you like it. ~ Ryleigh