Date Night

WHOA ANOTHER UPDATE. Guys, we were blessed with Yoongi in a kitty mask on that last Run episode, so the stars were aligned in our favor.

This man is a bonafide baby, lemme protect- 

This is kind of a mashup of prompts from SpaceNovak on AO3 and EmptyInside here on Wattpad. The latter asked for a date night, and the former asked to see how Yoongi does in public settings. Enjoy!

_______________________

"Literally nobody gets a babysitter for their cat," you insisted.

Yoongi only scowled. "But Y/N -"

"Besides, what do you think I do when I have to work and you're at the studio?" You cocked a brow, lips upturned in a grin. Checkmate.

Yoongi's eyes turned into slits, his tail whipping back and forth in poorly-concealed irritation. "You leave Yeonglihan all by herself?"

He made it sound like you were a negligent owner. "She's not gonna get kidnapped." A beat. "Or, well, catnapped."

"But - but!" His gaze snapped down to the cat in question. Time had turned Yeonglihan into a sleek, angular creature; she couldn't really even be called a "kitten" anymore. You pointed this out, and Yeonglihan offered her hybrid owner a headbutt to the shin to punctuate your words. With a groan, Yoongi relented, "Fine. Fine, if you're so insistent that she'll be okay. But if the toaster falls off the counter and lands on her head, and she stumbles into the open fridge and gets trapped and freezes to death, I'm never going to forgive you."

That was quite a specific scenario.

"Yoongs," you eased, biting back a laugh. "The toaster is in the cupboard, and the fridge door is shut. She'll be fine."

Really, it was too late to be having this conversation anyway. You were both dressed up and ready to head out - you'd spent the better part of the past couple hours making sure your hair and makeup were perfect, though your relationship with Yoongi has existed long enough that it probably wasn't necessary. But the way the cat hybrid's dark almond eyes raked down the front of your slim red dress when you first emerged from the bathroom made it all worth it.