String Theory

You had a shadow.

Okay, admittedly, doesn't everyone? But your shadow was a bit more 3D than usual today.

You didn't mind. Sometimes Yoongi just decided that you weren't going to be alone (you even had to stop him from joining you in the bathroom a couple times) and ghosted you around the apartment. If you had errands to run, you shifted around your schedule so that you could do them a different day. Yoongi wanted to follow you, and you were going to let him do so as comfortably as possible.

Suddenly, your shadow knocked into you. The floor threatened to have an intimate moment with your face, but your shadow lurched out and righted you at the last second.

"Yoongi!" You cried, indignant.

But he wasn't paying attention to you. He was too busy batting at a long string hanging from the hem of your sweater.

A heavy sigh escaped your lips - you just bought this shirt and it's already coming undone.

Yoongi dropped into a squat, his enlarged eyes trained on the string. Just like that, all irritation over your shirt disappeared. His curling tail and quivering ears melted you. Smiling softly, you set off for the living room, giggling as the hybrid scrambled to follow. Once there, you plopped on the couch, stretched out, and waited to see what Yoongi would do. His eyes never left the offending string, and now his fingers twitched as his human and cat sides battled.

"Yoongi?" You called, and his ears tilted towards you.

"Yeah?"

"You can -" the permission died in your throat as his hands shot forward to snatch the string.

Suddenly, he jumped up, straddled your thighs, and scratched at your abdomen. A light giggle escaped your lips and you tugged off the string, hanging it in the air in front of his eyes. Dark pupils dilated into focus, watching their target dance in the air, and slowly, ever so slowly, he reached up one hand and pawed at the string. Wonder lit up his eyes as it swung to and fro, and he brought up his other hand to knock the string back and forth between his palms.

"Having fun?" You asked.

He froze, squinting at your teasing tone. Before you could register what was happening, he dove forward and wrapped his arms around your body, pinning your arms to your sides, and rolled you both on the floor.

"Yoongs!"

But before you could protest further, plush lips pressed against your own, and anything you could have possibly said wasn't worth ruining this. Fingers laced in hair, heads tilting, hearts pounding in time, and when he finally pulled away, both of your cheeks were flushed. Heaving chests, small smiles, and fluttery tummies.

"I love you," he suddenly chirped, and it sounded like a divine realization.

His attention flickered to the string still clutched in your hand, but you didn't notice that. You were too busy trying to remember how to breathe.

"I - oof." The cat pounced off your body, snatching the string out of your hand, and then straightened in victory. A disbelieving huff betrayed your irritation. "Yoongi."

"Hmm?" He glanced over at you, noting your pained expression, and muttered, "Oh, sorry." Like he really had to force the words.

Okay then. Two can play at that game.

You rolled into a crouch, throwing all human dignity out the window in favor of playing with your Yoongi, and flung yourself into him. He shouted in surprise, but then you were on your feet with the string dangling from your hand. His eyes watched it, trying to compute this unexpected situation. Genuine confusion clouded his features - never in a million years had he expected to lose that damn string to you - ears twitching, tail whipping back and forth. You wondered, would he continue playing, or would he decide he was done?

Play. To your surprise and delight, he decided to play.

___________________

To smut or not to smut? That is the question.

Don't forget to comment and/or vote if you enjoyed this chapter! Okay, see you later! I purple you all! 💜💜💜