The Quiet Game

Idea collaboration with DreamingCompanion on AO3

Featuring:

- Dog hybrid Taehyung
- Bunny hybrid Jungkook

_______________________

"Yoonie?"

"Yoongi!"

"What the fuck do you two bitch asses want?"

You could just imagine your cat glaring at the two hybrids hopping about before him. Taehyung was the one who dared to refer to him as the nickname, but Jungkook was the one who had pined for his attention by shouting. There was very little Yoongi hated more than loud noises, except for maybe having to babysit the two younger hybrids. It's not that he didn't like them - quite the opposite, actually - he just couldn't understand how they were always so "damn energetic" (his words, not yours).

Where were you in this mess? In your room, curtains drawn, a migraine pulsing through your skull. Jin and Namjoon were with Jimin at a family therapist trying to help the poor hybrid cope with his anxiety and depression, and Hoseok was working and couldn't bring Taehyung with him. So, you were watching the two youngest hybrids. But then your head started pounding, and Yoongi was put in charge. You had learned a long time ago to never, ever leave Jungkook and Taehyung alone. They were darlings on their own, but trouble-making hellions together, like they regressed to two little kids.

"You're being boring!" Taehyung shouted, and you smiled despite the pain that lanced through your skull. The dog hybrid was always the bravest of the group when it came to Yoongi. "Play with us!"

"I don't want to."

You sighed, trying to decide if it was worth getting up and just dealing with it. But the second you started to sit up, agony ripped through your head, and you fell back with a hiss. That's a no, then. You were stuck just listening.

Out in the living room, Yoongi had his arms crossed and his ears pressed flat in irritation. For one thing, you were in pain, and that always put him on edge. For another, the two hyperactive hybrids he was tasked with watching refused to consider that what you really needed to feel better was quiet.

...Quiet.

A slow, malicious grin spread across Yoongi's face. "Okay, you two wanna play?"

Jungkook's floppy ears perked a bit, and Taehyung's tail started wagging madly. "Yes, yes!"

Yoongi winced at the volume, but forced his smile to remain.

"How about a game?" He looked harshly at both younger hybrids, capturing their attention. "Let's play the quiet game. Whoever wins gets to play with me. For fifteen minutes."

What a deal, you thought, amused.

Taehyung was already jumping around. Even Jungkook was hopping on the balls of his feet in giddy excitement. The former stopped, squinting at the bunny hybrid. "I'm totally gonna beat you."

That's when it erupted.

"You just lost!" Jungkook cried.

"Nuh uh, we haven't even started yet!"

"Did too! And you lost!" Jungkook turned to Yoongi, his big eyes imploring. "Right, Yoongi? I won?"

Okay, so that idea worked about as well as square wheels. Yoongi sighed, shaking his head. "That - that was a practice round. The real thing starts...now."

Miraculously, the apartment fell silent. Taehyung and Jungkook were glaring at each other in competitiveness, and Yoongi sighed in relief. About fucking time.

The paper-thin walls of your apartment let you hear everything that had transpired, and you couldn't help but giggle. Sure, the younger hybrids just wanted to play, but it was nice to be able to shut your eyes and hear nothing but the whir of your bedroom fan.

Before you knew it, Yoongi was shaking you awake. You blinked, bleary-eyed, and offered him a smile.

"How's your head?"

"Much better," you promised, squinting to focus on Yoongi's tired face. "How was babysitting?"

"They were quiet for ten minutes, so there's that," he sighed. "But then I had to play with Jungkook. They're gone now - got picked up a few minutes ago."

You grinned a bit - poor Taehyung lost, but that didn't really surprise you. The puppy just couldn't always control his excitement. Smiling in thanks, you reached up and scratched Yoongi's ear. "Thank you, sweetheart. I really appreciate your help."

"Yeah, well," he sniffed, "headache or no headache, I'm never doing that shit again. Fucking exhausting."

With that, he flopped over your tummy and shut his eyes. Shaking your head in amusement, you rubbed his ear between your fingers and followed him back to sleep.

_____________________

I'm gonna be 19 years old in 3 days, my dudes. That sounds weird af

Anywho, please leave comments, I always try to respond! And if you enjoyed, please Vote!

Oh also, we made it to #3 in btsscenarios! Thank you guys so much!!