Don't Your Ears Work?

"Fuck you and your three-dollar sunglasses."

Undeterred, you wrapped your arms in a bone-crushing embrace around the cat hybrid, squishing your cheek into his shoulder. "I love you too, Yoongs!"

His black ears twitched irritably, but you knew better than to be concerned. Yoongi was one of those asshole cats that hated everyone simply for breathing, but the cat side of his brain had decided that you were a Good One. The human side was just too stubborn to admit that.

You had been sitting on the couch watching your favorite anime when Yoongi had sauntered into the room, his eyes scanning his surroundings in boredom, before he came over and plopped onto the couch beside you. Grinning, you pulled him down into your lap, and he obeyed with an irritable huff.

Yoongi was not a cuddly cat. You couldn't count how many times you've had to apologize to guests because they tried to scratch his ears and he'd scratched their eyes in return. Everytime you scolded him, though, it was always the same response. An uncaring shrug followed by a mumbled, half-assed apology.

You were the only person who got away with cuddling him without walking away covered in battle scars, and it made you feel special. And even though he'd never admit it, you knew that your constant doting made him feel the same.

In some strange way, you two were a perfect match. You were bubbly and optimistic, and Yoongi was...well, a bit of an asshole. You complemented each other nicely.

Which brings us to your current position. Yoongi's head still resting in your lap, soft purrs releasing of their own volition as you stroked his silky ears. But he had to pretend to hate the sensation of your soft fingers in his hair, which is why he said what he did.

He rolled his eyes as you straightened from hugging (smothering) him, your hands moving to card through his hair once again, and he muttered, "I didn't say I love you. Don't your ears work?"

You bent down and brushed a kiss against his temple, giggling when he stiffened under the light touch. "They do, but I can only hear nice things."

Yoongi scowled up at you, but his hooded eyes told a different story.

He loved how you petted him. How you knew every spot that would relax him. How you didn't ever give up, even though he constantly tried to push you away.

Of course, things weren't always like this between you two. It took a lot of coaxing (and tackling) to get him to even let you cuddle him this much. But it had all been worth it because you had your Yoongi, and your Yoongi was an asshat to everybody, but not to you. He tried to be, but he always ended up melting whenever your arms went around him, or your lips pressed to his cheek, or your fingers stroked his elegant black tail.

There was a white tip at the end of that tail. You absolutely adored it, even though Yoongi hated anything that made him look remotely cute (though he didn't seem to complain about that baby blue collar you got him for his birthday...)

Smiling as Yoongi's tail flicked against your leg, you snatched it and toyed with the soft white tuft. The hybrid's purrs heightened, even though he tried to play it off as a displeased growl.

"Content?" You asked, a little smug.

"What'd I say earlier?" He grumbled.

You cocked an eyebrow. "Fuck me and my three-dollar sunglasses?"

He sat up, wrinkling his nose. "It sounds stupid when you say it."

You rolled your eyes at him, "Everything sounds stupid when I say it."

"Hey," Yoongi batted at your arm. "I'm the only one who's allowed to insult you."

Your eyebrows skyrocketed, but grumpy Yoongi meant cute Yoongi, so you decided to play with him a bit. "I'm not even allowed to insult me?"

Yoongi deadpanned, "Is your name Min Yoongi?"

You pretended to consider this. "Nope, I don't think so. But I feel like I know someone with that name."

Yoongi's ears perked up, and he couldn't seem to help himself as he crept closer, mumbling, "You know me. I'm Min Yoongi."

You snapped your fingers with a grin, and his ears twitched in annoyance at the sudden noise. "Oh yeah! You're my Min Yoongi."

He pursed his lips, but then immediately melted into a guarded smile, and he curled into a ball against your hip. You smiled down at your cute little cat, absentmindedly stroking his hair, and his soft purrs lulled you into a happy stupor.

_______________________

Welcome to my Yoongi x Reader hybrid AU! It'll be a series of oneshots all in the same universe and pairing, but each one will be posted chronologically, so you'll want to read them in order.

I'll be updating this as I come up with ideas, but if you have any scenarios you'd like me to write about, please let me know!