Little Terror

Request from milkyoongs on AO3

_____________________

Yeonglihan was a sassy little kitten.

Of course, you figured she would be. Yoongi was her owner, after all. But she gave even him a run for his money when she was feeling especially feisty.

"Fuck!"

"Language," you singsonged, making your way into the living room. "There are children present."

"She's a cat, not a child," Yoongi hissed, cradling his hand against his chest. Muttering, he added, "The little terror bit me."

"Now you know how it feels."

He frowned, but he didn't voice a retort. He knew you were right, after all. He'd nipped Taehyung - and you, of course - enough times to completely deserve whatever Yeonglihan decided to dish out. You almost found it funny, but you'd never laugh at your darling cat hybrid's pain. He was your sweet little kitten, after all.

Your other, not-so-sweet-at-the-moment little kitten had grown bored, and blinked up at you with slight curiosity. Well, not you. The thing you held in your hand.

"What's that?" Yoongi asked, noticing the object as well.

You tossed the ball of purple yarn in the air and caught it again in your palm. "I was cleaning up and i found it. I think it's from when I took that knitting class."

Why you had even done that, you had no idea. Sometimes you were a bit too spontaneous for your own good. The class had been horrible - your fingers were too clumsy to figure out the needles, and your patience was too short to make anything bigger than a small cloth. But today was your cleaning day, and you had taken it upon yourself to go a little deeper than usual. That was when you had found the ball of wool tucked in the darkest corner of your closet, forgotten much like your knitting phase.

Yoongi's outstretched hand appeared in your vision. "Give it."

Frowning, you scolded, "What do you say?"

His eye-roll was so dramatic that you could practically see his muscles straining to accommodate it. "Please give it."

You tossed it to him, and he snatched it out of the air with both hands. "Good boy," you praised, but he was no longer listening.

He was watching your cat - your actual cat - completely lose her mind.

The second Yoongi grabbed the yarn, Yeonglihan launched into his lap to steal it. It was quite an ingenious ploy - her timing was so impeccable that Yoongi didn't stand a chance. Biting your lip to hide your laughter, you watched as the white and black kitten tore off to the other side of the living room, the ball of yarn clutched firmly in her jaws.

Yoongi looked up at you, exasperation alight in his eyes. "She's a terror!"

"She gets it from you, Yoongs."

"I'm a saint compared to her!"

Was he really? To you, of course. Yoongi was an angel as far as you were concerned. However, to anyone else, your cat was a grade A asshole. But did that really mean anything?

"Yeonglihan!" Yoongi snapped, shaking you from your thoughts. "Give that back!"

As if she understood exactly what he was demanding, Yeonglihan dropped the ball of wool long enough to release a loud, challenging meow. Come and get it, fucker.

Yoongi cocked his head at her. You could guess what was coming, but it still surprised you when his heckles rose and he returned Yeonglihan's call just as fiercely.