Chapter 12

We sat there watching the movie together as my head rest on his shoulder and our fingers entwined I close my eyes and soon drift off into sleep. I wake up about an hour and half later and the movie is over and Michael is asleep next to me. I roll over and my mother is in my doorway. I look at her and she just smiles.

"Does he make you happy?" She asked with a longing look in her eyes.

"Well I've only known him since Monday mom but ya he does make me pretty happy when he's around." I said looking at the ball of pink hair in my bed.

"Good as long as he doesn't hurt you okay."

"Mom stop. If he hurts me it's cause I let him. I'll try not to let him though."

"Okay well I pulled his clothes out of the dryer if you want to go get them."

"Okay and um if he wants to can he spend the night?"

"Emmily you know our rules no boys are aloud to spend the night."

"But mom please his home is not safe to go back to for the night." I said not wanting to say too much about his home life without his permission.

"Emmily you know the rules."

"Mom please I'll do anything. I'll do the dishes please."

"Fine he can spend the night." She said with a sly smile on her face.

"Thank you so much mom." I said getting off the bed and heading downstairs to the dryer. I run down and grab his clothes in which my mom had neatly folded like she always does and ran back up the stairs. I walk back into my room and Michael is sitting up on my bed staring at his phone.

"Hey here are your clothes."

"Oh thank you." He said with a smile

"If you want to you can stay the night if you want." I said rambling on cause I was nervous.

"Ya sure okay. I'll text my mom." He said scrolling on his phone and typing away. I smiled like an idiot and sat on my bed.

"So what should we do cause it's only" I reach across my bed to look at my alarm clock "6:42."

"I don't know what do you want to do?"

"Well nothing big happens around here so..."

"Well do you have like an x-box or something?"

"No none of us play video games around here."

"Well" He said with a smile "You wanna go over to my house and grab my x-box and a few video games?"

"Ya sure lets go." We scoot off the bed and I put my shoes on. We walk down the steps and head for the door.

"Where are you going?" Mom said from behind us "Hope you aren't sneaking out."

"We are just going over to his house real quick to grab his x-box and some video games."

"Okay but it's dark so here take this." She said pulling a flashlight out of the drawer.

"Thanks mom." I said and we were out the door.

"Wow your parents love you." Michael said with a sad look in his eyes.

"Don't let them fool you plus you've only meet my mom and I only think she actually loves me."

"What do you mean 'don't let them fool you'?"

"That's a conversation to have with you when I trust you more." I said with a half smile not wanting to talk about my family.

"Okay well," he said taking my hand "are they ninjas? Cause Emmily if you're a ninja and not telling me this relationship is going to have some trust issues."

"Shh," I said putting my finger to my lips "the CIA said someone would figure it out sooner or later." I said with a smile.

"You are a dork Emmily."

"Hey you're dork too."

"Hey I'm a dork and proud."

"Well I'm a dork and prouder!" I said sticking my tongue out.

"So earlier I heard you talking to your mom." He said and I turned white as a ghost. He wasn't supposed to hear any of that.

"And you said we are going to have trust issues."

"I know I shouldn't have eased dropped but I couldn't help. So do I really make you happy?"

"Well yes but I mean I've known you for only a week Michael. Although in that week I found out you are an amazing person who has great taste in music and doesn't judge me. So even thought I don't know what all this is it makes me happy."

"That is literally the nicest thing someone has every said to me. I'll try to make you happy but I'm sorry if I every fail you."

"Oh god I'm falling for a cliché dork." I said bringing the palm of my hand to my forehead. He stopped me and looked me in the eyes and said "I'm serious if I ever hurt you I don't mean it."

"Why do you think you'll hurt me?"

"Because I'm me, I'm Michael Clifford, I'm the guy who sleeps around with all these different girls and then dumps them. People expect me to fail and to hurt you. I bet all your friends told you not to go near me didn't they."

He seemed a little angry and I didn't know if his question was rhetorical or not so I answered him. "Yes." I whispered.

"See Emmily I'm bad news nobody cares about me. It's not even my fault it's Daisy's fault if she just stayed I would be good I wouldn't be broken like I am now." Tears were brimming his eyes. I grabbed is hand and said.

"Michael I care about you." I lifted up my sleeves and should him my scars and I pointed to one that went from one side of my wrist to the other and said, "Michael I care because look that is the last time I had drug a razor across my wrist. That was Sunday the day before I meet you. I haven't cut since I meet you Michael. You aren't a screw up or whatever you want to call yourself. If people expect you to screw up then prove them wrong."

He stood there staring at my scars and in that moment I realized what I had showen him. I felt naked and bear showing him my wrist and I quickly covered them up and started walking away from him and towards his house.

"Emmily wait." He said and I stopped hoping he wasn't going to ask to see them again. He caught up to me and rolled up his sleeves and said "Me too." I stood there marveled by the artwork on his arm. Cuts going every which way but none of them were fresh. I took his arm in my hand and ran my fingers over his scars and I looked at him and I knew he felt just as bare as I did in that moment. He rolled down his sleeve and looked me and shyly smiled. I took his hand and kissed it. And he wrapped his arm around me as we walked to his house. We walked up to his house and you could here his parents screaming. Mikey looked at me and told me to wait outside on the porch well he ran in. I heard his father yelling at his mom and him and next thing I know Mikeys back outside grabbing my hand and pulling me away from his house as quickly as humanely possible well trying not to drop his x-box and games. "Michael stop." I said grabbing his hand and pulling it off my wrist. He was hiding his face from me so I turned his head so I can see his face and a huge hand print was stamped on the side of his face well tears stained his check. I put my hand up to look at it and he winced.

"How long?" I said frustrated.

"How long what?" He answered trying not to sound like sobbing.

"How long has he hit you?"

"That's a conversation to have when I trust you more." He said mocking me.

"God dammit Michael I'm serious. How long has he been hitting you?"

"Always." He whispered. And at that something snapped in me and it was my affection for this ball of pink hair in front of me who should be smiling not crying. I turned around and headed back to Michaels house. I pounded on the door and his father answered reeking of boos "What did Mikeys little whore come to save him?" He teased.

AN: Sorry this took so long going through an exstencial crisis as dan would say. So speaking of dan who is your fav youtuber?