Chapter 30 - Warm Light

I just realized that I've been using Third Person's POV, so this time I will be writing the Zodiacs' POV. I hope you will like it.
___________________________________________________

Capricorn's POV:

We were falling down from the black waters. The demons were fortunate enough to have a wings and fly at the last minute. But us knights on the other hand.... So this is the end of us huh?

I close my eyes and prepared myself for the pain as we submerge in the toxic water. I didn't even get to save Ophiuchus.

I waited for the intense pain and agony but I only felt a slight tingle and... warmth?

I open my eyes in confusion and saw I was surrounded by a blinding white light... Not just me but also the other knights. What's happening?

"I told you that I'll always protect you."

That voice! Father! I tried to find the source of the voice. Dad, where are you? I searched desperately for my father.

"I'm right here!"

Where? Father, where are you?!?

"I'm right here!"

I looked down as I realize that the light came from my ring - the ring that he gave me before he died. (It's the picture up) Father?

"I'm right here. I won't leave you... I'll always be there to protect you." Father's voice said. The tears started to build as I remember those exact words he said before he died.

(FLASHBACK)

I was about to start reading the book about the six legendary knights when I heard captains shouting orders from left to right.

"Huh? What's going on?" I asked one knight who was in hurry. "The demons has attack."

My eyes widened in disbelief. Why are they attacking us now? After all these years. "Why are you just standing there? Get your weapons and go!" One of the generals shouted at me.

I was startled at first but hurriedly get my armor and weapon. I need to go home! I need to save my father.

I hurriedly follow the other knights going to the Earth Island. To find my father.... I know it's selfish of me to save my father first above all else but I can't loose him too. He's the only family that I have left.

When we arrived at the Earth Island, the general started giving us orders. "I want you all to scatter everywhere. Go in groups and  take down those damn demons. Save as much citizen as you can." The other knights nodded their heads. "Now go!"

As soon as those words left his mouth, I hurriedly went to the direction of my house. "Hey Cap! Where are you going?" I turned and saw Ophiuchus.

"The general told us to go in groups. Where are you going? All alone might I add." I bit my lower lip not answering him.

His face soften as soon as he saw my anxious look. "I'm going with you. Let's go!" I looked at him and just nodded my head. Together we hurriedly went to my house.

When we arrived, I paled at the sight of demons everywhere. "What are we going to do?" Ophiuchus asked me.

"We need to get inside the house and find my father."

"But Cap, there's too many of them." He said in disbelief. "I don't care how many they are. I need to save my father." I exclaimed in determination. But there is this feeling gnawing inside of me, telling me that something is wrong. That something happened to my father.

When he saw the determination, he sigh and nodded his head. Together we charge straight at the demons slashing and slicing them from left to right. It was no easy job but we manage to defeat them.

I quickly went inside the house. The feeling grew more heavier. Suddenly, we heard crashing noises upstairs.

When we arrive I sigh in relief when I saw my father fighting a demon but it was short lived when I saw one demon got up and stabbed my father from the back. Ophiuchus was quick to react and kill the demon.

I froze as I saw my father groan in pain and fall. Blood quickly pooling around him. As my father looked at me, I snapped at my frozen stupor and was cradling his body in a second.

"You'll be okay. We'll get you treated." I tried to reassure my father but it was more of reassuring myself. We both know that there's nothing we can do to save him. "Please don't leave me...."

"I-I'm... right h-here. I.. I won't l-leave you.. I-I'll.. a-always be the-there to... protect y-you." He coughed as he struggle to get the words out of his mouth. He grabbed my hand and handed me his ring. His most precious ring. "Please don't leave me... Don't leave me." I keep mumbling under my breath as my eyes were pouring like waterfalls.

"I... l-love you.. Don't for-forget... that." Was my father's last words as he took his last breath. I cried even harder while Ophiuchus put his hand on my shoulder, sympathy shone clearly in his eyes. "We need to go. We still need to save everyone here."

I know his not being insensitive, his just doing he's job like I should. I wipe the tears on my face. I gently lower my father's body, and whisper beside his ears. "I promise you, I will kill every last one of them. For you and mom. I love you so much!"

We did our job and kill all the knights we saw. Along the way, we met Virgo... then others.

(FLASHBACK ENDS)
******
The bright light completely engulfs us knights. When I open my eyes, I found myself holding a dark simple designed scythe.

My eyes widened at the sight of the weapon

My eyes widened at the sight of the weapon. Is this one of the six legendary weapons...?

*****
Author's Note:

Yay! I'm back... I'm really sorry for not updating for how many months. And I hope you liked the chapter. I wasn't in the mood to right for the past months really but whem I saw you voting and commenting, I decided to write again so I won't let you guys down. I really hope you like it. And thank you to those who vote and comment and also read my story. You're the reason why I continue writing this.

But I actually have another story in mind so that's why I'm not updating this. If I publish my other story, would you also read it?

Anyways, thank you again!

Arissa_chan!