Chapter 28 - River Of Death

Libra and the others hurriedly went towards Aquarius and the others to help them fight the Jersey Devils.

As they went nearer, Libra saw one particular Jersey Devil launched towards Leo. "Watch out!" Leo turned around and froze when he saw the incoming monster. He waited for the incoming pain coming from the creature but he was suddenly pushed out of the way by Aquarius.

"What happened to you in there, you Idiot! We have a monster to kill. There's no time to be scared.We have to fight if we want to get out of here and stop Ophiuchus." Aquarius glared at the poor boy.

"Yeah... I'm sorry and Thank you... for saving me."Leo said with a look of guilt. Aquarius' eyes softened a little. "Don't mention it! Now get up and let's help them."

"Are you okay Leo?" Taurus immediately asked as Leo and Aquarius went back to fighting the Jersey Devils.

"Yeah! Just a little bit shaken but I'm fine now." Leo nodded and dodge as one of the Jersey Devil tried to claw him.Taurus smiled at dodge another Jersey Devil coming at him.

"Guys, Look out!" Pisces shouted as one Jersey Devil tried to attack them. "Thanks Pi!" Leo said as he stab the Jersey Devil. "No problem."

As they finished their set of Jersey Devil, they looked at the others and saw Libra surrounded by a bunch of Jersey Devil.

Libra hypnotized one Jersey Devil and ordered it to attack the others. Next, she summon a big gush of wind to the other Jersey Devils.

"Is that all?" Scorpio asked.

"Yeah! I think we already defeated all of them." Gemini answered as he sat down to take a breather. "Man! That was so exhausting."

"Can we rest for a minute?"

"There's no time to rest. We gotta go before another one comes." Kronos exclaimed as he looked at their exhausted faces.

"B-but..."

"Come on! Let's just go. Its better safe than to be sorry." Virgo interrupted Cancer. All of them grumbled a small fine and started following Kronos to their destination.

They stopped at the front of what looked like a black icky river.

"Ew!! What is this place?" Pisces gagged as she covered her nose to block the foul smell.

"This is the River of Death. Be careful! That water is toxic, don't let it touch you or anything." Kronos warned.

"What?!? You're kidding, right?" Leo asked in disbelief.

"No, I'm not!"

"Then how are we going to cross without the water touching us?" Taurus asked.

"I don't know about you, but us demons can fly. Good luck finding a solution." Sagittarius said as he flap his wings and flew to show his point.

"That's why all of those who can fly will have to carry them." Kronos said as he pointed his wrinkled hands to the demons then to the knights.

"What?!?!" All of them exclaimed at the same time.

"Can't you just teleport them like you did back in the cave." Scorpio asked.

"I can... but after that fight with the Jersey Devils, I don't have enough energy in teleporting 7 of us. I can only teleport Lyra and I. This is the only way." Kronos firmly said.

"Fine!" The demons grumbled.

"We'll see you at the other side of the river." Kronos said. They nodded their heads and the next thing they know Kronos was gone.

"Can't you just use your powers?" Leo grumbled.

"Like Kronos, we also ran out of energy after that fight with the Jersey Devils. Plus he didn't let us rest and continue walking." Aquarius snapped.

"Okay! We get it."

"Let's just follow Kronos' orders." Cancer said. "Fine!"

"Go on! Take your pick on who you want to carry." Taurus exclaimed.

"This will be fun!" Aquarius grinned as she went towards Leo who had a horrified expression plastered on his face. " Noooo no... Please no!"

Next Libra went towards Pisces. " I don't want to carry someone heavy so, I'll just choose you." Cancer looked at her with an offended look then decided to just shrug it off.

"Then in that case, I'll be choosing you." Gemini said as he went towards Cancer. Taurus gave him a slight glare which he noticed. "Don't worry! I won't harm her."

"I want to carry the General!" Aries exclaimed excitedly. "I want to test how strong am I."

"As much as I want to carry a girl instead of boy, I'd rather choose him than Virgo. I'd rather cope with the awkwardness than dying." Sagittarius said as he went towards Taurus. Virgo rolled her eyes while the others laugh.

"Then I guess, its you and me." Scorpio said towards Virgo. "Do I have a choice." She deadpanned which made the others laugh again.

The knights held to their designated partner. But before they can fly, something suddenly appear at the river. Their eyes widen at what they saw.

"W..wha??!? What is that thing?" Pisces asked in disbelief.

It was a snake-like creature about 30-40 feet long with a dog shaped head and dark colored skin with silver scales.

"Its the monster of the lake....Bessie."

*****
A/N:

I hope you liked this chapter. I'm really sorry for not updating for a very very long time. Please like and comment. Thank you so much. And I might not update soon, I just want to let you guys know.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Arissa_chan!!!