Chapter 29 - Monster of the Lake

"Its the monster of the lake.... Bessie."

"Bessie?!?" asked Pisces in confusion while staring wide-eyed at the monster in front of them. "Yes! It's the guardian of the lake." Gemini said.

"If it's the monster of the lake, then why is it here in the river of death?" Virgo asked.

"We don't know..." Scorpio answered. "But one thing's for sure is that we have to kill that thing." He added as he ready himself along with the demons.

"How?" Capricorn questioned.

"Just stay there! We'll handle it." Aquarius said as she flew to the black sky along with the other demons.

"Cap...?"

"Guys, get ready! We will also fight that monster." Capricorn ordered.

"But how?" Cancer faced Capricorn. "We cannot fight properly in the water since we cannot fly."

"I know!!!" Capricorn said in exasperation. "But we need to do something." He added as he look at the demons use their powers to battle the monster.

"The only thing we can do is stay here and pray that they immediately defeat that thing." Capricorn sigh as he nodded at Taurus' words.

"You're right..."

*****

"Icy Blast!!"

Ice shards shot out of Aquarius' hands and towards the monster but it just bounce off from the monster.

"My power doesn't work on it."

Libra also use her wind magic and got the same result as Aquarius. "Mine either!"

"It must be the scales..." Scorpio said as he examine the monster's appearance. "It looks like it's made of crystal."

"How are we going to defeat it?" Sagittarius asked.

"It's impossible to defeat it..." Scorpio answered. "So we'll just have to get pass it."

The other demons looked at each other confusedly. "How?"

"We're guessing you have a plan?" Aquarius added as they looked at Scorpio.

"Yes!" He faced the other demons. "Libra, I want you to put Bessie inside a tornado while the rest of us combine our power with your tornado. Then immediately grab the knights and get to the other side of the river." Scorpio finished.

The other demons thought about the plan and contemplated about the pros and cons.

"Are you ready?" They slowly nodded their head and got ready.

"On three... One..Two... Three!"

"Tornado Wind!" Libra trapped the monster inside the tornado as the rest of the demons combine their powers with Libra's tornado.

"Dark Flame!"

"Ice Blast!"

"Flame Thrower!"

"Hundred Gun Shots!"

"Multiple Cloning!"

The tornado was in burst of different colors, in contrast to the dark color of the icky river.

As the monster was trapped and distracted inside the tornado prison, they hurriedly went towards the knights who were watching them.

*****

The knights looked up as they saw the tornado mix with different powers.

"Do you think they did it?" Leo asked the rest.

"Only one way to find out...." Virgo said as they saw the demons flew towards their location.

"Did you kill it?" Leo asked the demons the second they landed in front of them.

"No..." Gemini answered. "We just distracted it."

"Now we have to go! Before the tornado disappear." Aries said as she went towards Capricorn and held his hand to fly.

The other demons also went to their designated knights and immediately flew before the tornado stop.

As they were more focus on crossing the lake, they didn't notice the tornado disappear and the monster's long, scaly tail swing their way.

The next thing they know, is that they were falling down the icky black waters.

*****

(A moment earlier with Krono and Lyra)

"Here we go." Krono said as they teleported from the other side of the river.

"Oh my Celeste!! Teleporting is so cool! How did you do it?!! Can we try it again?!" Lyra exclaimed at Krono.

"Young one, calm down." Krono said at the excited girl.

"I'm sorry! I was just happy cause it's my first time teleporting." Lyra apologized. "I thought it was scary.... It was actually so cool!"

Krono chuckled at the girl's energy.

"Can I ask you something?" Krono looked at the girl. "What is it?"

"How did you got your magic? I thought only demons got magic?"

Krono looked at the girl intensely which made her slightly uncomfortable.

"It's because I'm half human" Krono started. "And half demon.... That's why I don't have demon wings."

"Really?!?!"

"Yes... My father fell in love with a human, which is my mother." Krono said in sadness.

Lyra decided to drop the subject when she saw the look on the old man's face.

"Anyways, don't you think the others are running a little late?" Lyra asked.

"Now that you mention it, they should be here a minute ago." Krono said. "Why aren't they here?"

"Do you think something bad happened?" Lyra looked at the old man.

"I don't know... but I hope not."

*****
A/N:

After a very long months of not updating, I'm finally back. I hope you liked this episode. I really try so hard to make it just for my dear readers. I'm really sorry for not updating, I was focusing on my studies and I have a writer's block, so I'm open up to any suggestions for this story. Please comment it below.

And I'm really sorry for today's episode. I feel like its not good.... but its the only thing I can come up with, so I'm really sorry if you don't like it. So suggest a much better plot or something.

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Arissa_chan