Chapter Thirty-One: She's A Keeper

Note: I am SO sorry it took me forever to update! I've been SO SO busy! But please, feedback would be great! I love each and every one of my readers SO much! Enjoy, lovies! xo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Harry's P.O.V)

    "I'm sorry boys, but you really shouldn't be here right now," Michelle's mom said calmly. I had no idea why she intimidated me. "I'm sorry Mrs. Hilders. I can explain," I said without any hesitations. "I think you've done enough, Harry," she said as she slowly tried to close the door. "Please, just give me a chance to explain," I said with hope. She was quiet for a moment. It was as if she was actually thinking about maybe letting me inside. "Plus, we should really get inside before people start to recognize two of the boys from the most famous boy band in the world right now, is standing outside on your front steps.." Zayn tried to persuade Michelle's mother. Now, she had a face on, as if she was thinking really hard. She sighed. "I suppose you're right," she began, "hurry in." I walked into her house. It's not the first time I've been inside her house. I've been in her room before, the night I "kidnapped" her. But, I've never really seen the inside of her house, like, her whole house, shall I say. It was a cozy looking house. 

    Zayn took a seat beside me. Michelle sat next to me as well. I was in the middle of the two, while Michelle's parents stood in front of us with their arms crossed. "Um, before I start, can I have a minute with Michelle, please, Mr. and Mrs. Hilders?" I asked them kindly. I usually have a charm when it comes to smooth talking parents, but I'm not sure it'll work for Michelle's parents. Maybe her dad, but I'm not so sure about her mom. I noticed Michelle's father look at Michelle's mother, and it was as if he was telling her to say yes. She took a deep breath. "Go ahead. Make it quick," she stated. "Thank you," I smiled as I got up from off the couch and grabbed Michelle by the hand. It wasn't really much of a grab, but I took her hand gently, and held it. I didn't know where I was going, but I needed to be in a private area with her. I needed to think of a plan. One where she wouldn't hate me, and she wouldn't get in trouble. It was a "50/50" chance she would hate me or understand me. "You know we're heading towards the bathroom, right?" she let out a giggle. Man, her laughs drove me crazy. It was the cutest laugh I've ever heard. "Erm. I'm sorry, I just need somewhere to go," I let out a nervous laugh. "Here," she said as she was now in front of me, but still holding onto my hand. 

    She led us towards a door that was down the hallway. She opened it, and I looked inside. It was a small little plain room that had a decent sized bed that was done. It seemed to look like a guest room. "Now, we're alone," she smiled up at me. Her smile was distracting me. Especially how she bit her lip. I know that when she bites her lip, she always wants me to give her a kiss, but that's not what I planned out on doing. Not that I even had thought of a plan, but still. But, she was so cute, that she was just making me angry that I couldn't focus on what I was supposed to be doing. Next thing I knew, my lips were against hers. I missed her so much. Although it hasn't even been forty-eight hours since I've seen her, I missed her. I just felt so relieved when she was in my presence. I just had such a bad day. I pulled away. "Did you listen to the radio?" I asked her. "I didn't have a chance. Sorry, babe. I woke up really late, and once I woke up, my mom was already yelling at me. I didn't even have enough time to let my mind function," she frowned. I was so relieved that she didn't listen to the radio. "Well.. what I'm about to tell you, might make you hate me, but I can explain," I said nervously. She cocked her head to the side. She looked worried. "What is it?" she asked softly. "Well.. there's this girl.. and she looks like you, and well, apparently, she's some actress named Amber Rodriguez, and people think we're dating. And, they made us sign this contract that we'd be "fake" dating or whatever. It's only for publicity, please believe me," I said quickly so that I could get it all out, and I said it fast enough so maybe she wouldn't understand something I said. She was quiet for a few moments. "Look, since this is a publicity stunt or whatever, and we'll be out everywhere together, and on magazines, your mom will think that you and me aren't together. So you wouldn't be in as much trouble. Plus, if you and I go out together, and paparazzi finds us, they'll think you're Amber. So we can go on dates outside and stuff. I still haven't figured out the plan on what to do if people stop us for pictures, but I'll figure that out later. I think I'll have to meet up with Will and the Modest PR to discuss further into it," I was calming down a little bit. She can't hate me that much, right? She was quiet. She hasn't spoken since I first began. "Please.. Cheeks.. say something," my voice was brittle. "Do you think it'll work?" she said quietly as she looked up at me. Was she actually going to let me go along with this? "I hope so," I stated with little confidence. "Okay," she said softly. I know by the way she said it that she felt a little bit uncomfortable. "Are you okay with this?" I asked her. She was quiet. I gently used my finger and place it under her chin. She looked up at me. "It's for the best. It'll help both of us. As long as you're all mine, it's fine. I'll get used to it. I mean, I do have to share you with about millions of other girls anyways," she let out a soft laugh. It made me smile. "Do you know how much I l-" I stopped myself before I could let the "L" word slip out. I did love her, but I just couldn't find the courage to tell her. I knew she loved me too, but I don't know what's going on with me. "I like your laugh?" I covered up for myself. She giggled. I placed a soft kiss on her lips again. 

    "Now, we need to find a way to make this seem like this was a fight," I said as I placed my hand on the back of my neck nervously. "Got it," she winked at me. She forcefully opened the door. "No! Harry! I'm so sick of all of this. You lied to me. I just need time away from you!" Michelle shouted as she angrily stormed down the hall. "No! Please, Michelle! Let me explain! It wasn't what it looked like! It was no-" Michelle cut me off. "Fuck off Harry! I don't want to see you right now! LEAVE!" she shouted at me. Man, she really good at this. "Honey, what's going on?" Michelle's mother asked with worry. "I want him out of here," her voice was cold. "Michelle, please," I acted. "No, Harry, leave," she demanded. I sighed. "Fine," I began, "I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you guys. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happ-" I was cut off by Michelle's father. "It's fine, Harry. Just leave," he said as he gently placed his hand on my back which gestured me to head for the door. Zayn got up from off the couch. "It was great meeting you," Zayn smiled. "It was great meeting you too," Michelle's father smiled. "I don't think it would be a good idea to bother you, Michelle, so, good bye, babe, I'll see you soon! Hopefully.." Zayn said as he looked at Michelle's mother. She nodded, I'm not sure if she was saying yes, or just nodding telling him "okay, maybe, leave." "Goodbye, Michelle.. I'm sorry," I apologized. Man, this seemed real. "I SAID, LEAVE HARRY!" She shouted as she walked towards me and pushed me out of her house. After, she stormed up the stairs, leading to her room. I heard a loud slam. "I'm really sorry," I apologized once again to her parents. "It's fine. Just, please go, Harry," her father sighed. I nodded, and walked away. Good thing nobody noticed we were here. 

    "What was that all about?" Zayn asked. I ignored him. I went around from the back of their house. "Where are you going?!" Zayn asked. I didn't answer him. He just followed. I looked for a small rock on the floor, and threw it gently at MIchelle's window. She looked, and opened her window. "Nice acting, babe!" I shouted, but not too loud that her parents would hear. "Thanks, babe! You weren't so bad, yourself!" she smiled at me. "I'll see you soon, yeah?" I asked her. "Soon!" she smiled at me. She blew me a kiss, and I caught it in the air. She turned around. "I have to go! I hear them coming upstairs! Bye, Harry!" She shouted as she closed her window. I ran, and Zayn followed. I ran to where Ron had told me where he was going to park the car. "Acting?!" Zayn asked with shock. "My girlfriend's a keeper," the word 'girlfriend' gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. It wasn't a bad feeling, it sort of made me happy.