Chapter Eighteen: Bad News

(Michelle's Point of View)

   *Three days before Graduation*

   It was the last week of school. Everyone was excited about getting a three month break from his Hell hole of a school. The teachers were even excited about leaving as well. They really didn't care about what we did anymore. Time flew by fast. Harry and I haven't talked in three weeks. As much as it kills me, I understand he's busy. The last time we talked, he was out with the boys, since they had a day off. Usually, on his days off, he'd come to visit me. But that one day, he didn't. I guess, I feel sort of distant from him. Zayn and I haven't talked either. Not much happened these past few weeks of school. I just slacked off, not caring about the danger of my grades. I couldn't care less about it anymore. 

   "It's so hot," Amy said as she fanned herself with her notebook. Amy was right. It was unbelievably hot. It has gotten to the point where, the teachers really didn't care about what we wore to school, as long as it was appropriate. For example, we could wear shorts that were above the finger tip length rule. Which, most girls took to the advantage. 

   "So, just a few more days..." Maggie stated as she played with her pencil. She had her pencil in between her index and middle finger. As she moved her fingers the ends of the pencil hit the table. She was shaking her legs uncontrollably. "Calm down, Maggs," I laughed. Maggie glared at me, and shook her head. "Can you believe it? I'm leaving two days after graduation.." Maggie stated. "I know," I said. Her graduation is in three days. 

   After the bell rang, lunch was over and it was time for seventh period. I noticed Wesley acting a bit strange. He seemed jittery. He was staring blankly at the wall. I walked in front of him, and he still didn't seem to notice me. No matter what I did, he wouldn't snap out of his day dream. 

   "Wes!" I hissed. He blinked a few times. "Wait, what?" Wesley said with confusion. He seemed as if he was lost. He probably didn't even know what class he was in. "Well, Mr. Hawthorn?" Mr. Stolten asked. "What?" Wesley asked. "If you were paying attention, you would know what I was talking about," Mr. Stolten said as he shook his head. "If you can't answer my question, you'll be going to detention," Mr. Stolten's voice was cold. Mr. Stolten proceeded with his question. He asked something about the lesson he just learned. Wesley looked so lost, like he had no idea what Mr. Stolten was talking about. "Well, do you have the answer? Or should I start writing you a slip?" our Pre-Calculus teacher asked. I felt so bad, so I whispered the answer to him. "False. Two functions are equal if their domains are the same," Wesley said with confidence, but the doubt was showing. Mr. Stolten was quiet for a moment and then nodded. "Correct," he said as he turned to write something on the board. 

   Wesley sat their quiet as he doodled curlicues in his notebook. I decided to write him a note. "Hey, you okay?" I wrote on an empty space on my page, and ripped it out quietly. "Pssst," I hissed. Wesley looked at me. "Yeah?" he said. I opened my mouth. But before the words came out, Mr. Stolten turned around. "Do I hear talking?" he asked as his voice grew louder. I quickly moved my head, and looked at the notebook full of things written on it. "No, Mr. Stolten," The whole class said together. He turned back around, and continued to write on the board. I slid the piece of paper in Wesley's notebook. It was a good thing I sat next to Wesley. 

   Wesley took the piece of paper out of his notebook, and before he read it, he looked at me. He gave me a face of "what the hell is this?" I pressed my index finger on my lips and made a "shushing" sound. He nodded, glued his eyes back on the piece of paper, and began to read. It didn't really take him long since it was basically only three words written. He silently picked up his pencil and began to write. When he was done, he passed it to me. 

   I unfolded the piece of paper, and read it. "I'm fine. But I need to talk to you. Coffee later?" I'm amusing that's what it said since I couldn't really read his hand writing. I looked a him, and he looked at me. I nodded.