Chapter Four: Getting Some Rest

(Michelle's point of View)

  During the whole car ride, the girls were talking about how amazing our day was. I must admit, I haven’t had this much fun in so long. The last time I had this much fun was when I had snuck out of my house one day in the summer at like two in the morning, and got home at like almost five in the morning. I had a thing for this guy, and he wanted to hang out, so I decided to have fun for a change, and as much as I knew that it would be risky, I still did it. He meant everything to me. I loved him. As a best friend, a crush, a bigger brother figure. 

   He always thought of me as a little sister, but at the same time, he gave me mixed signals. I’ve known him for almost three summers. The first time I met him, it was summer as well. He told me he liked me, and was interested in me. We’d stay up on the phone and laugh and talk to hours, and eventually fall asleep on the phone together. Or, he’d tell me to stay awake with him whenever I would tell him I was tired, and wanted to go to bed. That summer, I lacked sleep. Some nights, I wouldn’t even get sleep. I’d stay up waiting for a call that might not even come. I would feel like I was being played, I felt like I was making a fool out of myself. There was one week, where all I did was cry, and lock myself in my room. This boy, he made me feel more insecure about myself than I already did. I felt like I wasn’t ever good enough, I felt like my appearance was shit. He was the reason I ruined most of my chances at ever finding love. Anyways, that week, I felt like complete shit. I never wanted to leave my room. I’d lock myself in my room, in the dark, watching Harry Potter movies, and crying. The next summer, he would come to visit, and he’d end up having a thing for my friends, and even my best friend. I felt so broken. He’d try getting with them. Was I missing something? After him, I promised myself, I would never let a guy hurt me like that again. It lead me to complete depression. 

   The girls were talking about the boys as well, and honestly, I was barely paying attention. I was dazed out, and had so many things on through my head. I was thinking about Harry, and then, I would think about that boy (his name is Carson). I’m pretty sure Amy would ask me something, or tell me something about Niall, but I was too lost in my thoughts to even understand a word she was saying. All I would do is mumble, like I said an answer or something. 

   When we finally reached the hotel, I looked around. I checked my phone, it was almost 10:00. 

   ”Twenty-five please,” the driver said. This driver had a better attitude than the other taxi driver that had drove Harry and I to Dave and Busters. Luckily, I still had the money my mom had given me for the taxi in the first place, and handed a twenty, and five one dollar bills. “Have a great night,” The driver flashed me a smile. “Thanks, you too,” I smiled back. The girls had fallen asleep. “Great. Just great,” I sighed. I nudged Crystal who was leaning on Maggie, to wake up. She just mumbled something, and moved to get more comfortable. “Guys, wake up, we’re here,” I whisper softly. I notice the taxi driver being patient, and just looking out the window. None of them wake up. “Oh, look, guys! It’s the boys!” I lied to try and wake them up.” “WHERE?” Jessica jumps up. “Ha,” I smile with success. “Ugh, we’re here already?” Crystal says as she wipes her eyes. “I’m so tired, I just want to sleep,” Amy whines. “But you were so hyper in the car, and so wide awake earlier,” I think to myself and roll my eyes. I still wasn’t sleepy, but a bit tired. “Let’s go,” Maggie says as she stretches. “Goodnight! Thank you!” I thank the driver, and open the door and head to the entrance. 

   We walked to the front desk in the lobby, and the woman looked exhausted. “Um, Michelle Hilders?” I inform the woman with question. “Yep, here are two keys, room 104 on the fifth floor, your mom told me to tell you that she is in room 103, and your stuff is already in your room,” the woman informs me. “Thank you, have a great night,” I smile. She rolls her eyes and continues to write something on a notebook. We headed to the elevator, Amy still tired, and her eyes half open.