Chapter Fourteen: Putting It All Behind

(Michelle’s Point of View)

   He grabbed my hand, and held it. It seemed weird, how my fingers fit perfectly in the gaps of his. “Look!” I pointed out to a bird that was flying in the sky that caught my attention. Harry looked up, and nodded. “It’s pretty,” Harry smiled. I nodded, and leaned against him. I took a deep breath of air. “I’m so tired,” I admitted. “Tired?” Harry looked at me with confusion. “You know, of everything,” I answered him. “Me too,” Harry replied. I really was tired. I finally felt relaxed. That’s what I loved about Harry. I just felt so comfortable with him. 

   After just sitting there for a good maybe thirty minutes or so, we decided to head back to our campsite. He got up, and held his hand out to help me. As we walked, he had his arm around me. I noticed there were more tents set up this time around the area. I was surprised that nobody had walked up to us. 

   As we reach our designation, everyone looked at us. I ignored them, and sat down next to Aaron and Crystal with Harry. Crystal kept blushing the whole time. I think it was the fact that whatever Aaron said, sounded attractive due to his British accent. “Hey, pass me the marshmallows,” Harry told Aaron. “Mate, it’s too early,” Aaron laughed. “Eh,” Harry shrugged. Aaron handed him the bag of marshmallows, and Harry stuffed about three in his mouth. His cheeks were so puffed. It reminded me of a chipmunk, which made me giggle. “What’s so funny Cheeks?” Harry asked as he swallowed the marshmallows after chewing. I shook my head and tried to stop myself of laughing. 

   Crystal nudged me with her elbow. I looked at her. “You.. Harry.. what?” Crystal mouthed. I shrugged my shoulders and just looked at Harry. He was now throwing marshmallows at Aaron. Each time a marshmallow went in Aaron’s direction, he tried catching it. Then, he’d throw it back to Harry. “You guys are wasting them,” Danielle laughed as she took a seat at the picnic table near us. I smiled at her. “Babes, I haven’t seen you!” Danielle laughed. “You were too busy with Liam,” I said with a smirk. Danielle started laughing. “Well,” Danielle said. She tried thinking of something to say, but she couldn’t. She changed the subject. “Aaron, have you put on bug repellent yet?” Danielle asked in a motherly way. Aaron rolled his eyes. “Yes Danielle,” Aaron said annoyed. “Good,” Danielle laughed as she pinched her younger cousin’s cheeks. “What’s everyone doing over here?” Liam said as he walked over to us. He took a seat next to his girlfriend and placed his arm around her. “Wasting marshmallows,” Danielle joked. I laughed. I couldn’t help it. It was funny; well, to me. 

   We sat there chatting about absolutely anything and caught up with things. “Well, there’s a lake over there, it seems lovely. Wanna go check it out?” Liam asked us. I shook my head. “No thanks, we’ve seen it already,” I smiled. “Alrighty. Are you coming, Harry?” Liam asked Harry. “I saw it with Michelle,” Harry informed him. Liam had a shocked face on. “Wait, what?” Liam asked. “I saw it already,” Harry repeated himself. “Oh, alright,” Liam said as him and Danielle got up from off their seats and walked towards the lake. Crystal and Aaron joined them. I noticed Danielle whisper something in Liam’s ear, but I couldn’t really make out what she said. But I did hear Liam have a moment of revelation. 

   Now, it was only Harry and I. Maggie was with Amy, Niall, and Louis. Louis was trying to make a move on Maggie, and Maggie occasionally went along with it. Amy was sitting on Niall’s lap. Right before Amy was going to place a kiss on her boyfriend’s lips, she was interrupted. “Hey hey, hey!” Paul interrupted. Amy looked up. “Get a tent!” Paul joked. Niall broke out in laughter. “Maybe that’s what we’ll do!” Niall joked. Amy hit him on his arm. “OUCH!” Niall complained. “I was just kidding!” Niall laughed. Amy rolled her eyes and got up from off his lap and walked over to Zayn and Jessica. “Babe! I was just kididng!” Niall said as he followed her.