Chapter Thirty-Two: Lies Give The Thrills

Sorry for the REALLY late update! I suffered through Hurricane Sandy, and lost power for a week :( But I promised my tumblr followers for an update! And here it is! :) xo Feedback would be GREAT! I LOVE THEM! xo

 (Harry's Point of View)

   It's been two weeks since that excellent acting I did with Michelle back at her house, and our plan has been going quite successful. I've been out with "Amber" about four times already, and paparazzi love Hamber. But really, it's been Michelle and I out together. That's the perks of this whole contract with Modest. I get to go out on lovely dates with my girlfriend, and people thinking it's Hamber, while the fans going crazy over us. The fans love Hamber, and these whole two weeks of "Hamber" being official, Amber has only had about a few hate tweets, which is a record. Since, usually, one of my rumored love interests, or girlfriends would have already deleted their twitter due to all the hate, explaining Caroline. The hate got so bad Caroline deleted her twitter, but finally reactivated it with my reasoning with her. 

   "Hey mate, let's do something today," Zayn suggested. "Can't, I'm busy," I didn't hesitate to say. "You're always busy. What are you possibly doing today?" Zayn rolled his eyes with annoyance. "I'm spending it with Michelle," I said as a smile grew on my face. "Again?" Zayn asked. "Yeah, is there a problem?" I laughed. "Nah, but, can I come? I haven't seen Michelle since that day you got in a 'fight' with her," Zayn explained. I guess he was right. Each time he asked to come, I would always say no. Plus, Michelle has been having to use the whole "going over Amy/Crystal/or Jessica's house" all those times even though they haven't talked since she left to London with me. "If I let you, will you do me a favor?" I asked him. A smile grew on Zayn's face. "Yes! Of course! What is it?" Zayn asked with anticipation. "Michelle can use the excuse that she's with you a couple times, even though she isn't. Since, it's pretty obvious her parents adore you," I said, having this thought in my head that he might say no. Zayn was quiet for a moment, and it looked like he had an intense thinking face on. "I suppose.." he said with a tone of doubt in his voice. "Thank you!" I said as I gave him a big brotherly hug. "Yeah, yeah. Now, when can we go see her?" Zayn asked. "In a few hours. I need to get ready and everything. I need to meet up with Amber," I said. I thought saying that didn't really matter in my head, but it sounded kind of dodgy when I finally said it out loud. "Amber? Why?" Zayn asked as he cocked an eye brow. "Need to discuss some stuff," I admitted. "About?" Zayn asked. "The contract," I lied. I really didn't know why I had to go see her. But there was this little voice in my head telling me I had to see her. Maybe to discuss my feelings that aren't there for her. To say how what happened that one night was a mistake. Or is that a bit of arse move? I've only talked to Amber like three times since we've signed the contract, and it was only through text. I thought we should get to know each other more, if we're supposed to be "dating." 

   Zayn just nodded. "Will you do me another favor?" I asked him in the most kindest way possible. Zayn rolled his eyes. "What?" he asked annoyed. "Please keep Michelle company. I don't know how long it'll take for me to discuss things with Amber, but please, just keep her company. I don't want her to feel like I'm standing her up or something. She doesn't know I'm going to go see Amber. So please, don't spill it. I'm going to tell her that Will wanted to discuss things with me," I tried to hurry out of my mouth. Zayn was quiet for a moment. I just looked at him, hoping he'd say yes. "Fine. But you owe me, Styles," Zayn shrugged his shoulders. "I know! I know! Thank you so much, mate!" I said as I pulled him in for another hug, this time tighter. "Harry, uh, I can't breathe," Zayn said as he tapped my shoulder, and right at that moment, my phone rang. I guess Zayn was saved by the bell. No pun intended. I let go, and picked up my phone. 

   It was Michelle. "Hey Harry," she said happily. I liked when Michelle was happy. "Hello there beautiful," I said softly. I heard her giggle. She loved when I called her beautiful. I could already imagine her cheeks getting flushed with redness. "What time are you picking me up? And what's this time's excuse?" she let out a laugh. I love how she already had to ask me what this excuse was, for her parents to let her out. "Soon! Tell your parents you'll be out with Zayn," I said as I put my phone between my shoulder and my cheek to help support it so I could tie my shoe lace. "But I'd be really doing what?" she asked confused. "No, babe! You really will be with Zayn!" I let out a laugh, "I have to stay back for a few hours. I need to discuss some things with Will. I don't know how long it'll take." I lied through my teeth. I love how she thought there was more to the whole Zayn thing, and that she would be somewhere else. I guess lying to her parents really gave this relationship a thrill, even though I know lying isn't really the best way for her parents to like me. But what other way would I be able to be with her? 

   She was quiet on the other line for a few moments. I cleared my throat to break the awkward silence between us. "Oh, alright," she sounded upset. "It's alright. At least I get to  see Zayn!" her voice sounded happier, but she still seemed a bit bummed. "Don't worry babe. It'll give you time to catch up with him! Plus, I have a wonderful day planned out for us, after my little meeting with Will!" I lied. I really had no idea what we were going to do today, but I guess I'll figure it out later. I just didn't want her to be mad at me. "Alright! Well, I'll see you later then babe! I have to finish getting ready! Tell Zayn to call me on this number since my phone is still taken away," she said. Michelle's phone is still under custody of her parents, especially after her little trip with me to England. She's been using her iPod, or occasionally her house phone. "Alright, bye, baby, I lo-" I stopped myself before I could say the words. I covered it up with a cough. I still haven't gotten myself to say the words. She's always tried to say it, but I'd always cut her off, because, I want to be the first one to say it. I loved her. I really did, but I just don't know when to say it. 

   "Bye sweetie," she giggled, and hung up. Zayn changed his position and was now on the other side of the room, sitting on a chair, waiting for me to finish my conversation with Michelle. "What happened?" Zayn asked. "With what?" I asked him, hoping he didn't catch me accidentally almost saying the three words, and me stopping myself. "With Michelle. What time should I pick her up?" Zayn asked. Thank goodness. "Uh, the sooner the better I guess. But she's just finishing up. When you think you want to pick her up, just ring this number," I informed him as I showed him the number on my phone. He took out his phone from his pocket, and added the contact to his contact list. "Alright. When are you leaving?" he asked. "Um, in a few," I told him. I still had to text her about it. "Okay. Well, I'm going to go meet up with the boys. I'll see you later then," Zayn said as he got up from off the seat, and headed for the door. "See ya, mate. And thanks again," I smiled at him. "No problem," he said with a blank expression, but I could see a little smile on his face. When he shut the door, I took my phone out. 

   I searched for Amber's contact. My thumbs seemed to be shaking a little, because I made a few typos in the text I was typing her. "Hey Amber. It's Harry. Can we meet up? Needa tlk to you about some stuff .x" I think it took me about three tries to actually be sure I wanted to send it. I waited patiently for her to text me back. In the mean while, I finished up getting ready. To meet up with Amber, I decided to wear something simple, but yet, not too simple. I didn't want to make it seem like I was trying to be a bum. I did plan on going out for coffee, to sort of bring the "Hamber" stuff out. 

   I finally decided on a plain shirt under a flannel, khakis, and my white worn out Converse. I didn't bother with my hair, so I put on a headband to pull my hair back, and a beanie to top it off. By the time I finished getting ready, I finally got a response back. I slid my lock screen and entered my pass code. 

   "Yeah sure. Sorry 4 late reply. Was @ the gym. Heheh where shud we meet up?" 

   "It's fine. I'll pick you up at your hotel. Don't wear something too fancy. Simple is fine.." 

   "Pickin out what I have 2 wear, hmm Styles? I like it.... ;) heheh" 

   "Don't get ideas. It's just for coffee."

   "I kno lol u dont have to take it to the bone, Styles. I kno u have a gf"

   "And how do you know that?"

   "It's me. Hamber, remember? haahha i'm just kiddin with u. see u later ;)xx"

    "Mhm. I'll call you when I get there. You still at the gym?" 

    "Why do u want 2 kno? ;)" 

   "Just wondering. So I know how long it will take you to get ready."

   "No, i'm at the hotel. i'm about 2 take a shower, txt u l8r ;)"

   "Alright. Be ready in 40 minutes." 

   I didn't know she was always such a flirt. When I met her, yeah, I knew she was a flirt, and well, she was a good kisser too, or maybe that was just how it seemed because I was incredibly drunk? I was underage drinking. Amber must be twenty-one. Not that I have a problem with that. Since, Caroline was thirty-two. Three years isn't that bad. 

   The hotel was about twenty minutes away, and it would probably take her thirty minutes to get ready. So, I guess that was enough time if I left now. I grabbed my keys to my Ferrari, my sunglasses, and headed out.