Chapter Thirty-Four: What Do You Have In Mind?

(Michelle's Point of view)

    I sat down as I hung up the phone. Zayn is about to pick me up. I was actually very excited to be spending time with him. To be honest, It feels as if we've become strangers, and today, we can relive our friendship, until Harry's done with his meeting with Will, of course. I really wonder what Harry has to be meeting with Will about. I mean, usually Will never has to call the boys for an individual "meeting", so it must be something serious. Although, Harry hasn't really been doing anything wrong. So, I guess I shouldn't really have to worry about anything. 

   I sat down patiently as I put in my headphones and played some old Mayday Parade songs. I really enjoy listening to them. They always put me in the mood. It's as if they have a song for each mood I have. I tapped my fingers to the sound of the music. I felt relaxed and calm. My parents were going out today with Alex to some street festival and I told them I didn't feel like going. Though, I really do like going to those street festivals, I honestly wasn't in the mood for them today for a few reasons, first off, I was pretty tired because I was up all night tossing and turning in bed, and secondly, I really wanted to see Harry today, and seeing Zayn is a bonus. 

    I guess I fell asleep. The next thing I knew I heard knocking on my door, and I woke up. My headphones were still in my ears. I yawned and got up from off my bed. I opened the door, and found Alex looking up at me. "Michelle, someone's been waiting ten minutes for you downstairs," he said with a Buzz Lightyear action figure in his hands. TEN MINUTES?! I must have lost track of time due to me falling asleep. "Crap," I mumbled. "What?" Alex asked. "Nothing," I said. I grabbed my bag from off my desk, and made my way downstairs. 

   I was greeted with smiles from my parents, and I looked over to where my couches were located, and spotted Zayn with a smile on his face as well. "Well, it's about time," Zayn laughed. He stood up with his arms wide open and hand flowers in his hands. "Zayn!" I said as I ran and wrapped my arms around him. I took the flowers from him and smelled them. They were my favorite flowers, and they smelled so good. "Michelle, you didn't tell us you had plans with Zayn," my father said with a calm but concerned voice. I didn't know whether he was in a good mood, or Zayn's unexpected visit made them mad. "Uh, she didn't necessarily know, Mr. Hilders. I kind of wanted to surprise Michelle. I'm sorry to barge in if you guys had plans," Zayn's voice drifted. "No, it's completely fine with us, Zayn! We were just surprised, that's all. If you want, we were just about to head out to a street festival, would you like to join us?" my dad asked. I didn't know how I felt about the idea of it, but Zayn looked at me, and I suppose he got the idea that I didn't want to go. "No, it's fine, thank you for the invite though, Mr. and Mrs. Hilders," Zayn smiled. "Come on, Zayn! It'll be fun! We can get cotton candy!" Alex said as he tugged on Zayn's hand. "Aw, cotton candy, sounds yummy, little bud!" Zayn said as he gave Alex a playful soft punch on his arm. "So, would ya come with us?" Alex begged. Zayn looked at me again, I shook my head. "Uh, sorry, Alex. But I was sort of going to take your sister out for a little drive," Zayn apologized. Alex frowned. "Hey, cheer up! I'll see you later though!" Zayn smiled. Later? Would that mean I'll see him after again? "Yay!" Alex's frown went away and was replaced with a smile. "Now, let's get going, Alex! If you don't want to miss the concert!" My mom smiled. Alex loved those the most. Every time we go to one of those street festivals, he'd always bug my parents to make sure we don't miss the concerts they have. He's always so interested and full of excitement when he watches/listens to them. 

    Alex grabbed his Toy Story book bag from off the couch and headed out the door. My dad was already outside starting the car. My mom was searching through her purse. "There's some left over pasta in the fridge if you guys get hungry," my mom informed us. "Thank you, Mrs. Hilders. But we'll probably just go and grab a bite later," Zayn replied. "Alrighty then. Michelle, I usually want you home by ten, but since you're with Zayn, and I trust him, I'll extend it," my mom flashed me a smile. Zayn looked at me and flashed me a grin. Oh boy, what did he have in mind?