Chapter Twenty-Five: Sparks

(Harry’s Point of View)

The next couple of days have been, let’s say, perfect. We haven’t fought, I haven’t felt guilty over anything, and boy, our kisses were better. The fact that I was the only reason for her smile now, was just an amazing feeling. I love the fact that I can call Michelle, mine. I haven’t talked to the boys since I left. They’ve constantly tried to message and ring me, but I feel like putting all our differences aside, and, well, just go back. I think it’s time to go back. Plus, I do need more time to rehearse. I think my mind has finally put all the things that have constantly been swirling around in my head, into a solved puzzle. Michelle just made everything better. 

“Harry, when are we going back?” Michelle asked as she looked up at me. She was laying down on my couch, and her head was on my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair. Her hair was so soft, and it smelled like apples, as always. “Well, do you want to go back?” I asked her as I gently caressed her cheek with my finger. She was quiet for a moment. She looked like she was thinking about it, really hard. “Well, I’ve been gone for days.. and, well, my mom doesn’t know where I am.. even though she knows I’m okay, she probably has the cops looking for me or something,” Michelle let out a laugh. Not like her usual laughs.. like, she actually meant it. “You know, I can take you home anytime you want, babe,” I informed her. I didn’t want to feel like I was forcing her to stay here with me, because, well, I needed to go back as well. Anyways, I’ll still get to visit Michelle, like how I used to, whenever me and the boys were on break. So, it’ll work perfectly. Plus, I really need to come to amends with the boys, Will, and Paul. “I want to stay here with you.. but, I really don’t think I can,” Michelle said as her smile faded, and she just looked plain out upset. I kissed the top of her nose, because, I know that that always makes her feel better. And I was right. A smile immediately grew on her face. “We’ll go back,” I whispered in her ear. 

After I called the airport, and booked a flight to the Newark airport, I told Michelle to pack her things. She didn’t really seem thrilled about going back home, but she didn’t look upset. I knew it was time to go back to reality. As much as I really wanted to stay here with Michelle, I couldn’t. We both couldn’t. She needed to let her mom know that she wasn’t kidnapped and taken by some mass murdered, and I needed to go back to work. I missed to boys, a lot. I really missed Louis and Niall arguing about Niall talking with his mouth full, having talks with Zayn and Liam about my problems, and just, well, being around them. I’ve never really been this away from them, and it just didn’t feel right. I left them at bad terms, and I needed to fix things. 

I noticed Michelle staring blankly at the wall, and not saying a word. I knew something was wrong, and I needed to know what it was. I sat down next to her on my couch, and placed my arm around her. I kissed her on the head, which made her ease up from her tenseness . “Cheeks, are you okay?” I asked her. She shook her head. “What’s wrong?” I asked her. “Maggie.. she’ll never forgive me. She’s done nothing but be there for me when I needed her.. and the day that she expects me to be there for her, I leave the country.. what kind of a best friend does that? I didn’t even get to say goodbye..” Michelle said, and broke out in sobs. Next thing I know, her arms flung, and were wrapped around me and she was in tears, and crying in the crook of her neck. I’ve never really seen Michelle like this. Maybe it was because I never really was there for her. I mean, it was always Zayn. Never me. I don’t really know how to deal with her crying. Like, I don’t know how to make her really feel better, other than a kiss on the nose. I just kissed her on her head. “Harry, I’m such a bad friend..” Michelle cried into my shoulder. I stroked her hair. “There, there.” I said into her ear. Was this comforting her, or making it worse? “Harry.. I just don’t know what to do. I have this huge feeling in my gut that Maggie hates me,” Michelle began to cry even more. “I’m such a horrible person..” Michelle whispered. Horrible? She was no where near horrible. I took her shoulders, and made her look at me. “Stop it, Harry. I look so ugly right now,” Michelle said, turning her head so I wouldn’t look at her. Her hair covered her face. I took my right hand off her shoulder and used it to move her hair out of her face. She still managed to keep her eyes away from me. She was staring at the ground. It was such a shame, how she thought she was ugly. Her appearance was beyond beautiful. She was breath taking, drop dead gorgeous. “Look at me, Michelle,” I said. It didn’t really seem like a statement, but a demand. She looked me in the eyes. Her watery eyes were full of sorrow and pain. I wiped her tears with my thumbs, and cupped her face with my large hands. “Michelle. You aren’t ugly. You’re breath taking. Ever since I layed eyes on you, I knew that there was something about you. Something nobody had that just drove me crazy. I have no idea if it was your smile, or how your curly hair bounced as you walked, your scent, or, just, you seemed different. You’re no where near horrible. You’re actually quite amazing. Maggie will understand. And if she doesn’t, and decides that she won’t forgive you, it’s her loss,” I softly said without hesitation. I took a deep breath. She seemed to stop crying now, and she just sat there, looking in my eyes.

Next thing I knew, our lips crashed together. It felt like time stopped, and it was just the two of us. It was weird. Michelle was the only person that I’ve ever kissed, that, I felt a spark with. I never even felt a spark with Caroline. Her scent lingered. After she pulled away from our kiss, she rested her forehead against mine. “I- I- uh. I lo-” she whispered, but I cut her off before she could finish. I knew where she was going with this. So, I kissed her again. This time, it was more passionate. I didn’t want her to say it without me saying it back. It’s not that I didn’t love her, I do, well, I think I do. Something was just stopping me from saying it. But, a bit of my guilt was coming back to me. Like, it was suddenly knocked back into me. Slowly killing me, again. Come on Harry. It’s only three words. Say it.. Say it! It was on the tip of my tongue. I loved her, right? Why can’t I say it? Her eyes were staring into mine. I can’t say it. I’d feel even guiltier. 

I felt a smile form on her face, and then she pulled away. “Let’s go, shall we?” she smiled at me. Phew. I nodded, and placed a kiss on the tip of her nose. “Our plane leaves at 4. It gives us time to go through security, and all that stuff. Plus, it’ll give us time to get into the airport before fans start to realize I’m there,” I informed her. She nodded. “Can I make a call before we go? I want to call my parents,” Michelle asked me. I handed her my cell phone, and she dialed a number. I could hear it ringing, although it wasn’t on speaker. It rang three times before someone picked up. “Dad?” Michelle said into the phone. It seemed as if he were worried. I couldn’t really hear exactly what he was saying though. “Yeah. Yeah. I’m fine. I’m going home today,” Michelle informed him. Her father said something, which made Michelle seem a bit uneasy. “Dad, it doesn’t matter where I am. I’m just fine. Okay? Let’s leave it at that. I know I’ll be grounded even more when I get home. But just don’t tell Alex that I called, please? I don’t want him to know that his sixteen year old sister ran away for a few days to somewhere far. It’s just not very much something to look up to. Plus, I want to surprise him. I miss him, a lot,” Michelle stated. I saw her smiling, and it made me smile. She then looked like she was a bit relaxed. “Oh, and please don’t tell mom either. She’s going to kill me, even more. I’m already grounded as it is,” Michelle sighed. She never really told me the reason why she was grounded, which kind of made me a bit curious. “Why were you grounded?” I whispered to her. She just shook her head, and continued to talk to her dad. “How’s the sister doing?” Michelle said, trying to change the subject with her dad. A smile grew on her face after he replied. “Well, that’s great. Tell her I said hi. I’ll be home soon. Love you,” Michelle said as she took a deep breath, and hung up. She smiled at me, and sunk deeper into the couch beside me. She leaned her head on my shoulder. I kissed her on her head. “Shall we go now?” I asked her. She smiled at me and gave me a little peak on the lips. “Goodbye London, Hello New Jersey,” Michelle sighed.