Chapter Twenty-One: Run, Run, Run- Part II

(Harry’s Point of View)

When the driver pulled up in front of the bar, I noticed that there was much more people there than Louis and I planned. We paid the driver, then slid out of the cab, trying our best not to stand out. But Louis picked a bad night to wear stripes. All the girls in line, began to scream at the sight of Louis and I. I hurried to the burly man standing near the door with a clipboard in his hand. “Name?” the man asked with a deep voice. “Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson,” I informed him. I watched as his eyes skimmed up and down the page. “Nope, not on the list,” he stated. “We know. But, we’re from One Direction,” I informed him. “I don’t care if you’re from three directions, you’re not getting in,” he said. “No, no, you don’t get it, we’re from One Direction, the band?” Louis said to clear things up. “Don’t care,” he said. “Back of the line,” he demanded as he pointed to the girls in line. There were only a few guys. Must be a good night to find Louis a girl. “But, we refuse to go!” I shouted. “BACK OF THE LINE!” he shouted. At that moment, the door opened.

The girl that looked like Michelle that I saw earlier came out. She looked a bit tipsy. “Oh, hey, Ha- Ha- Har-” she laughed. “Harry,” I corrected her. “Right, Harry,” she laughed. She had a bottle of Corona in her hand. “You know them?” the burly man asked. He must have been about three inches taller than me. “Yeah, they’re from One Direction. The British and Irish boy band? The one with five fucking sexy boys in it?” she stated as she winked at me. “Oh! That one!” The man said as he had a moment of revelation. He then began to sing the wrong lyrics to What Makes You Beautiful which made Louis giggle. “Well, aren’t you going to go in?” the man asked with a more positive attitude. He unhooked the red velvet rope, and let us in. The girl held the door open for us. But, we seemed to have trouble due to the fact that she was a bit drunk, and the door had to weigh about like ten pounds more than a door to a restaurant. She sort of tripped, and before she fell, I caught her. She was looking into my eyes. “Going a bit too fast, Mr. Styles?” she winked at me. “No, uh, sorry, you were going to fall, so yeah, I caught you,” I pointed out as I helped her stand up properly. “It’s not I said that I didn’t like it,” she bit her lip. At that moment, I looked for Louis. “Louis!” I shouted trying to avoid the girl.

I found Louis sitting at the bar. I pushed myself through a crowd of people dancing, and grinding to the music, practically having sex, but with clothes on. I could feel the vibration of the music. The music was pounding in my ears. “Louis!” I called out. He didn’t look. He was sitting, sullenly at the bar. I pushed through more people, and finally reached Louis. I placed a hand on his shoulder. “Having a drink without me?” I laughed. He faked a smile. “You seemed a bit busy,” Louis faked a laugh. I sat down next to him. “A bottle of Corona please,” I asked the man working at the bar. “Are you over 21? You don’t seem like it,” he grinned. “Uh, I think President Lincoln can tell you,” I said as I slipped him a five dollar bill under his hand. He nodded, and handed me a beer.

I was half way down with my beer. “Louis, cheer up, mate,” I said as I patted him on the back. He pursed his lips. He was quiet, and acting like he didn’t hear me. “Well, you don’t have a choice. I texted Michelle, now, you have to have fun and drink with me,” I said as I asked the man for two more beers; one for me and one for Louis.

Louis shrugged his shoulders. I took that as a yes, and he grabbed the beer from off the counter, and chugged it down. “WOO!” Louis said. “There we go!” I said as I patted him on the back for his good job. I chugged down the rest of my first beer, and then chugged down the other beer I got. I could feel the alcohol rushing through my body. Crap.. How am I going to be able to act sober at rehearsals?