7. Verum

Kenna POV

It was a sunny morning, summer has already arrived.

I looked out of window. Sun rises earlier as usual, birds chirps at the fall of a first light. Everything seem so perfect. I never realized life could be this perfect even for me. I left my bed and lazily reached toward the door of the room and tried to open it without making any noise. I left the room and closes it back slowly.

I was standing outside the room enjoying the scattered sunlight and painted clouds in different colours. The morning breeze felt cold in my skin, causing a warm relief, shivers ran through my body. Each passing breezes felt like a melodious song to my ear, pure and natural, the way it has to be always.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and counted, four full moon have been passed. It passed quickly in the blink of an eye.

I have been counting since the day we started meeting alone. I'm very grateful to my sister that she managed to keep his younger brother away from us. I'm grateful for, as she didn't fall for him as I. I'm grateful for having him besides me. I'm grateful of keeping her away from me.

Love is the truth of life.
It's influence is powerful than any other feelings.

Gale has been so nice to me, understanding with charms. If this feelings were from others than I would have overlooked it. But this feelings from Gale, it felt much more like a never ending dreams.

I raised my head as I felt someone behind me, horror gather around me as my throat dried up.

"You are up so early again?" I sighed in relief, her question sound more like a whisper but I understand it anyway.

I turned backward and saw my sister half sleeping, "Have you been started sleep talking with sleep walking too?" I teased her knowing how she hated the idea of her being a sleep walker.

She came over and hugged me resting her head in my shoulder and murmured, "I didn't found you beside me. So I came looking for you. I was not sleep talking with sleep walking." She peeked with one eye closed and yawned.

I pinched her already rosy nose and replied, "Still sleepy?" a small laugh escaped my mouth as I continued, "Listen carefully." I turned toward her, "Gale has asked me to go with him in his palace..."

Before I could tell her anymore she squealed, "What..?"

I quickly put my hand in her mouth and managed to suppress the sound. My eyes narrowed slightly with anger.
Her aquamarine eyes widen as she realized her mistake. She rolled her eyes gesturing. I took that hint and removed my hands assured as she has understood our situation here.

"So.. You will be alone with Prince Cassius. Don't tease him or irritated him, that is a big no for that. Promise me you will behave. Don't return home alone, wait for me to return back then we will go home together. Okay?" I said every possible thing that will happen if I didn't ask her not to. I tried to looked like begging instead it was more like a question.

"Anything for love." she huffed it off and hugged me more.

I sighed thinking how we both will be spending our time alone with someone else without having each other's back. This is going to be long day of their life.

When sun rises completely, we hurriedly finishing our day work at home.

We both quickly left for the forest informing that we will be late today because we will be at the other edge of forest. We knows that villagers were not allowed entering deep into the forest that is why everyone took a long round of the forest. Mother allowed us as father already left for the work.