16.

20 weeks

"I know today's a big day and all babe, but I really wish we could have avoided the 6 am wake up call." Cal says while yawning dramatically. He reaches his hands above himself to stretch and my eyes wander down to the bare tan skin revealed by his lifted T-shirt. He even makes stretching sexy.

"It's a good little drive and I want to spend time with my dad but also come home tonight, so the early wake up was necessary unfortunately. I'm good though if you want to rest for a bit I'll wake you up if I need to stop or once we get closer."

"You sure that'd be okay?" He asks as he's already leaning his seat back and getting comfortable.

"Yeah babe. Rest up." I reach over and gently run my fingers through his hair before leaving him be.

I'd always enjoyed driving especially when I was away from all the hustle and bustle of the city's traffic. Being able to tune out the world for a while and just enjoy the ride was oddly calming.

The landscape changes from that of LA to more picturesque mountains and vineyards as we near closer to Napa and my dad's house. It wasn't the home I'd grown up in. I'd lived in Georgia all of my life until I moved across the country to go to school. My dad had gotten lonely and when he'd reached his retirement eligibility he'd sold his home in Georgia, bought a vineyard and moved out to Napa. He knew nothing about owning a vineyard at the time but over the past few years his had grown into a local favorite. I tried to visit at least a few times a year and he came by any time he was down in the city.

My dad and I's relationship had always been special. I was a daddy's girl from the start I suppose and our bond had only strengthened following my mother's death. I think that's why I was so scared to tell him about the baby. I wasn't sure I could handle disappointing him or the possibility that he wouldn't be excited about his grandchild.

The drive passes quickly my anxiety building as my thoughts consume me. All too soon I find myself waking Calum and letting him know we're just a few minutes away.

As we roll in through the gates at the front of the winery I'm reminded of how truly beautiful this place is and what a great job my dad has done with it.

I park the car and grab the gifts I'd brought my dad from the back seat. I walk around the back and grab Cal's hand, leading him to the front door.

"We're here!" I call through the house.

The sound of foot steps echo through the hallway before my dad appears sweeping me in for a hug.

"Hi, honey! It's so good to see you!" We exchange pleasantries before he gestured to Cal. "And who's this?"

"This is my boyfriend Calum!" He extends his hand for a handshake and I notice Cal's complexion is a little lacking in color.

"Christina!" My dad calls his voice booming through the house as the sound of heels clicking reaches my ears. She's not what I expected. I guess my worst fear was a 20-something, teeny, blonde bimbo, young enough to be my sister but Christina is surprisingly age appropriate. She's about my height and size with brunette hair. Her smile is gorgeous and she has kind eyes like she could make anything better. I like her already.

"Hi, it's so lovely to meet you!" She says stepping forward and offering me a hug. "Jake has had nothing but wonderful things to say about his little girl!"

"I'm just so glad he's found someone to put up with him!" I joke with a wink. "I know you've got your hands full."

"Hey!" My dad scoffs and I laugh looking over to Calum who seems to be growing slightly more comfortable.