Chapter 9: Shrine Of The Green Dragon

Searching for the fairy godmother's diary, the Squadd traveled to the lost library of Alexandria; however, they find themselves facing a pack of mummies and an ancient sphinx. Hajari escaped the crumbling library just in the nick of time and with Magnolia's diary in hand—enabling them to follow Magnolia's path and learn more about the Legendarium. 

The Squadd embark on their next mission: China! Ah yes, the aroma of noodles and dumplings dances around, inside the nostrils of the young fairies. Tall, red, and black pagodas fill the area, forming a city. China is chilly around this time of year, so the Squadd put on sweaters with warm vests to make themselves a little warmer. Hajari has not taken his eyes off the fairy godmother's diary yet. He has glued himself to it since he and his friends left Egypt, and traveled to China. 

"So, what has that book of yours said?" Hajarianna asked. 

"It looks like Magnolia's been everywhere in China," Hajari replied. 

"Well, that's helpful. It's not like China is one of the biggest countries on Earth or anything," Musa said, sarcastically. 

"True, but following Magnolia's path might help us find a way to lock the Legendarium," said Hajarianna. "And besides, we're getting to see the world."

"Bleeckkk," Corki choked. "Who knew we'd be traveling all around the world with the Squadd?" 

"It'll be all worth it once we pry that little diary out of their hands," Sun-Hi said. 

"Magnolia spent a lot of time exploring the Great Wall," Hajari said.

"Then let's go higher and get a better view," Willow said, pulling the rope to the hot-air balloon. "Thanks, Hajarianna. These outfits for the cold you gave us are great!" Willow said. 

Hajari stares into space thinking about Marinette and Adrian. 

I can't stop thinking about Marinette and Adrian. What were they doing in Egypt? And how did they find the lost library of Alexandria? I haven't seen them in years. We used to be so close. Could they also have been looking for Magnolia's diary? Hajari thought.

"Hellooooo? Earth to Hajari?" Hajarianna said, waving at Hajari. 

Hajari is startled by it, jumps a little, and looks at his sister. 

"Where to now?" Hajarianna continued. 

Hajari flips through the pages of the China Expedition. "It says here that Magnolia visited the Shrine of the Green Dragon, but it doesn't say where it is."

The others groan. 

"Squadd, I think it's time we continue our search on solid ground," Nicholas panicked. "I see a little village right below us." 

The Squadd land by the clearing of a forest and tie the balloons to the trees. They walk to the village. These pagodas are bright red with jade pillars and stone lion statues on both sides. They see kids playing with toys that look like small dragon statuettes. One looks like a stone dragon, the second looks like a jade dragon, and the third looks like a golden dragon. Nicholas points to a restaurant and walks towards it. 

"Maybe the people in the restaurant can help us," said Nicholas.

"That's a great idea, Squadd!" said Chatson.

"In the meantime, we'll keep an eye on the balloons," said Lockson.  Lockson looks at Piff who had fallen asleep while in mid-air. 

The Squadd walk into the restaurant. 

"Follow me, sisters. I've got a great idea," Sun-Hi said as she and her sisters follow the fairies. 

The group stops inside to look around the room decorated with a blue wall that turns into a dark violet color as the wall descends. The pillars are a bronze color that sets the gloomy mood of the restaurant, with windows of the same frame color.