Chapter 8: Attack Of The Sphinx

Nicholas found out that the only way to defeat the witches was to lock to the Legendarium once and for all. So the Squadd and the Pixies traveled to Alexandria of Egypt to search the library for the fairy godmother's diary, but Marinette and Adrian---following the Trix's orders---made it as hard as possible for all the Squadd to make it into the library.

The Trix gloat as they watch the Squadd cluster together while the mummies grow closer and closer to them. The Trix is still in disguise and they just stand and watch, while being protected by Kajari's barrier. 

"The mummies are going to crush the Squadd," Sun-Hi smiled. "While we watch from here, all safe and sound." 

All three witches laugh.

"Oh, man! These mummies are all over the place!" Musa cried. 

"Squadd, we can handle this!" Hajari said, then looks to Nicholas with worry. "Uh, any tips, Nick?"

"Mummies are from ancient times; held together by magical bandages," Nicholas replied.

"Then let's go for their bandages! Water Bolt!" Willow shot at the mummies and they fell backward.

"Nice shot, Willow. Lilac Vortex!" Michael shot. 

Several mummies walk toward Michael and swing at him.

"Michael, watch out!" Musa cried. Michael leans back and then ducks as two mummies throw their bandages at him. 

"Infinite Echo!" Musa shot a sound wave at the mummies.

"I call upon the element of fire! Flame Spiral!" Nicholas shot at the mummies. 

Hajari was about to shoot his spell, but he stopped, holding his ball of fire in his hands while aiming, but he is thinking about something. 

Hajarianna shoots her rays of light at the mummies. The mummies fall forward. "Can't handle the light, huh? You're messing with the wrong fairy. Light Spectrum!" 

One mummy chases after the Pixies. The little children all run away and then spring into the air with their wings. Cherie blasts a mummy and makes a tiny cloud over its head and makes it rain on them. The rain melts away the mummy's bandages, making it dust on the ground. The dust turns back into the mummy. Piff casts a spell on the mummy and makes it pass out. Another mummy comes and wakes the other up and charges at the Pixies.

"Nothing's working!" cried Cherie. 

Chatson grabs a loose bandage off of a mummy and twirls it around and makes the bandage unravel, under the applications are nothing, the bandages then disappear. "Round and round the mummy we go, the Pixie pulls the bandage!" Chatson sang. 

All of the Squadd and Pixies copy what Chatson did and all of the mummies' bandages disappear. 

"And that my friends is that," Willow said. 

The fairies hug and cheer each other on. Kajari takes away the barrier that was protecting the Trix. 

"It's okay. We're safe now," Kajari smiled. 

"Well, isn't this just great," said Jodi.

"Cool it. We still got Marinette and Adrian," said Sun-Hi said. 

Back at Cloudtower, Adrian is talking to Sun-Hi through the crystal ball. 

"Adrian, that last attack was pathetic," said Sun-Hi. "Find something else!" 

Adrian angrily marches away. "It's Marinette and that stupid book! Why was she given that stupid book anyway? I kinda liked it better when we were superheroes." Adrian takes the book that was sitting on the couch in the office and reads it. "Ancient travelers who solved the Sphinx's riddle were saved from its wrath.  Legendarium! Mighty Sphinx, I invoke you! You are free to spread panic out into the desert."