CHAPTER 22: Knowing Them

Start from the beginning

She reads the message genuinely as if she's feeling every word that is written on it.

"I'm your biggest fan as well Minguin" I stated to catch her attention.

She just chuckled then started opening the second message and reads.

"Unnie, you're always beautiful and precious in our eyes and I'm glad that you're doing fine now. One thing that I don't want to happen is to see you suffering, Mina-Unnie last year we witnessed how you suffered and I'm so grateful that you overcome it. You're strong and Onces knew it. Unnie every gummy smile of you makes us smile as well, I hope you're happy and healthy same as the other members. Saranghae and take care always. Hope you have a good time with your short break with your family and of course with Ray"

She sighed deeply as she finished reading the long message. She looks at me teary eyed maybe because of the last letter that she had read.

"Why are you teary eyed? Stop it okay? I don't want to see you crying right now" I blatantly stated

"I'm so far and I can't be able to comfort you" I added.

"I just can't imagine how worried Onces are. I'm so grateful to have them" she smiled reassuringly showing that she's crying because she's just appreciating the letter.

"I knew fans are really great most especially if you're feeling down" I responded.

"They are not my fans, they are my friends" she corrects me then chuckles.

"Okay." I answered.

"By the way, who's Ray?" I asked since I'm kind of curious how important is he that the fan's also knew him.

She just laughed hard and I don't know why.

"Raaaaaaay, come here baby" she said while having her mini gestures  asking someone to sit beside her.

"Is he your baby?" I said without any expression.

I can't believe with what I see since Ray is a dog. Goodness Son Chaeyoung, you're being jealous over a dog? I unbelievably nodded while she's still laughing while playing with her dog.

"Ray, Chaeng Chaeng is jealous of you" she said while pretending to talk to her dog.

"Yaaaah! Minguin, hajima!" I exclaimed to stop her.

"Ray, look at her face she's annoyed."

I just shook my head while smiling. She looks so adorable talking to her dog although she's trying to annoy me.

"Mina, why are you laughing all alone?"

I heard a matured voice from the background and I think that's Minguin's mom.

"Mom, come here."

I'm currently watching their interaction since I don't really know what's going on.

"Mom, she's Chaeng Chaeng"

I feel very shy as I see her mom on my laptop monitor. I can't believe that she really introduced me to her mom right now.

"Hi" her mom said while waving

I shyly waved back to her then smiled. She suddenly disappeared from the screen letting me see Mina's face again but I can't talk to Mina for awhile since I can hear that she's talking with her mom.

"Is Chaeng Chaeng really her name?"

"No. It's Chaeyoung mom. But I call her Chaeng Chaeng" Mina explained and that made me feel more embarrassed.

Mina's mom appeared again on the screen smiling widely same as her daughter.

"Hi, Chaeyoung" she once again greeted.

"Hi" I shyly responded.

"How are you doing there?"

I just signaled a thumbs up to show her my answer.

"Please take care of my Mina back there okay? She's always there so it's good to know someone that we'll take a look over her aside from her co-members" her mom stated while genuinely smiling.

I don't why she's telling me that thing and I really feel so pressured since it's coming from her mom.

"I will" I answered reassuring her that she can counts on me.

She just nodded and then she disappeared from the screen letting me see Minguin's overflowing beauty.

"I'm sorry for that" she said while looking down.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Ehh? Why not? I'm not your responsibility Chaeng Chaeng. You have your own life to take care of." She answered seriously.

"You're my life. So I must take care of you"

She looks at me while her cheeks starting to turn red showing visibly that she's so much flustered because of how I responded.

"It's not like that" she slowly stated.

"Whatever Minguin. No matter what happen I'll still look after you." I said then smiled.

She just slowly nodded while playing with Ray beside her.

"Are you sleepy now Minguin?" I asked since I can see that she just yawned.

"I am but I still want to talk to you" she answered.

"That's fine. We'll just talk tomorrow okay?"

"Okay." She answered then smiled.

"Goodnight Chaeng Chaeng" she said while waving in front of the camera.

"Goodnight Minguin" I answered while smiling.

As she ended the call I also shut down my laptop since I have nothing to do with it.

I still can't imagine that I get to know her dog and of course her mom. I feel so happy that we are starting to be much closer with each other despite of what I've done to her last week. I think I just need to move on from it and just start to create much better moments that will cover up that one fucking mistake.