t w e n t y t h r e e

Start from the beginning

I was tired. Trying to slip was so difficult and I felt like we weren't getting anywhere with it but I knew we were both trying so I didn't understand. Letting my eyes close for a few minutes before daddy came back. I let out a yawn and rolled onto my back as I lazily rubbed my eyes.

I stayed like that for about 2 minutes before daddy walked back in. He had a tray with I assume was lunch for me, smiling at him, I sat up and watch as he placed the tray down on my desk before coming over to me.

He wore a plain white top and a pair of grey sweatpants with white socks. We had the day to ourselves since everyone was getting ready to leave for our holiday. I gave him grabby hands and he didn't hesitate before picking me up and placing my head in the crook of his neck. I wrapped my legs around his waist and purred as he gently rubbed my back.

I felt him begin to walk and I wasn't sure where he was going until I heard the balcony door open. I let out a small sigh and I let my eyes close for a moment, enjoying the cool winter breeze for a few seconds.

"How are you feeling, my tesoro?"

(tesoro - treasure)

"tired, daddy."

Daddy cooed softly and rubbed the back of my head as he helped me wake up. I buried my head further into daddy's neck and he sighed sadly.

"I'm sorry, princess. We'll try one last time and then if we can't do it we leave it for a few months. Okay?"

I frowned softly but nodded, letting daddy gently kiss my cheek. I didn't want to leave my little side yet, we hadn't even met yet and I was already leaving. I knew my headspace was there, I could feel it but I didn't know how to reach it.

Daddy sat me on the bed and gently placed a kiss on my lips before gently me a small carton of chocolate milk. I went to open it but daddy quickly stopped me.

"No, baby. You're too little to do that by yourself, sweetheart. Let daddy help."

I nodded softly before handing my milk back to daddy, my carton back so he does it for me. A small smile was placed on my face and I could feel my headspace shift. I giggled watching as daddy stuck the straw in before holding it up to me for me to sip.

I sipped and gulped before pulling away and making as soft 'ahh' sound. Daddy laughed and in turn, I laughed as well. He took out my plate and I squealed when I saw my bowl of mac and cheese in a princess plate.

Daddy switched out positions and placed me on his lap as he sat on the bed. I sat facing him and played with the hem of his shirt as he got the first spoonful ready for me. Once it was cool, he lifted it to my mouth and fed me the spoonful.

I hummed feeling the warm pasta in my mouth and I couldn't help but do a little dance. Daddy chuckled and waited for me to finish before placing a kiss on my head.

"So adorable."

We spent about 20 minutes sitting on the bed while daddy fed me. It was an intimate 20 minutes since daddy would whisper soft nothings in my ear as I traced his tattoos. I swapped over and took a sipped of my chocolate milk. Daddy gently caressed my hair and made sure none of it was in my face.

"Anything you'd like to do today, princess?"

I blinked softly before thinking and looking up at daddy.