Warehouse

Jason McCann

It was almost pitch black in the warehouse making everything ten times creepier as I pulled the door open slowly, I looked back outside one more time to see Justin looking at me in worry, but I sent him a reassuring smile to show him that I would be absolutely fine. 

Limping into the warehouse, ignoring the pain it brought my ankle, I spoke, "Switch on the torches." Ryan, Luke and Nick switched on three torches flashing them in front of me as I looked around, a knife held tightly in my hand walking in front of everyone because if anything were to happen then I would rather it was me that got hurt first than anyone else. 

As a leader I have to make that sacrifice.

People usually say that the people who follow a gang leader are their to risk their own lives to save the boss and that is true, but when it comes to me, I would rather die first to save my gang and I have always been that way. 

I turned my head to the side when I heard a thump, but saw nothing there as we walked slowly, "Ok, Luke, Ryan you come with me, Chaz you go with Nick and Fredo and make sure you stay close together."

I sent Chaz with Nick because he needs someone that is used to killing people and was in a gang and we need to split up, "You take the right side and we will go to the left to cover more ground and get Justin and the rest in here as quickly as possible, be careful and make sure to cover each others backs because we don't want another death, we have already lost people that mean a lot to us and I don't want to lose anymore." I whispered quietly, but sternly.

"When you have made sure everything is clear, come back to this point and we will meet here." I murmured before turning around without another word and limped further into the darkness with the help of the torches Luke and Ryan were holding. 

The sound of dripping water could be heard as I moved silently across the concrete floor, not letting my injured foot bother me as I needed to complete this to get my baby to safety, I heard a low growl sound and I turned to the side quickly, Luke following my movement to see two walkers kneeled to the ground eating the flesh of an unfortunate human. 

As soon as the light hit them they looked up and growled loudly stumbling to their feet and rushed their way over to where we were standing. I rolled my eyes as the stumbled over each other to get to us and held my knife up as they got closer and closer, Luke stood next to me with a small smirk on his face and I couldn't help but let a similar smirk fall onto my face as I grabbed the walkers neck as it tried to grab me and held it at arms length. 

I turned my head to the side slightly to hear another growl sound and without turning around because I knew what was there without looking I called Ryan, "Behind you Ryan." I spoke loud enough for him to hear, but not loud enough to cause a scene. 

I grabbed my knife tighter in my hand then stabbed the walker through the bottom of its head upwards as it let out loud ferocious growls and snapped it's teeth at me, it's arms stretched out as it tried to grip me anywhere so it could sink it's sharp teeth into my flesh. 

It kept moving so I removed the knife and kicked it to the floor to where it tried to get back up, but I slammed my foot down onto it's chest leaned down and stabbed it through the head watching as blood pored out of it's head quickly. I turned to the side to see Luke had killed his walker and his shirt was covered in blood and then I turned around to make sure Ryan was ok and he just finished killing his as I looked. 

"Alright lets go." I muttered pulling my knife out of the walkers head and wiped it on my sweats carelessly. 

The boys lifted the torches up again and I started to move forward to where we were walking before, it looked like an abandoned warehouse here, it was mostly an open space, but it had doors and other areas like security office and stuff that needed to be cleared.