i looked down at the ground and bit my lip. "umm.... uh... um, i'm gonna s-step out with n-nick. just to drive around and 'b-bond' as you so call it." even though i was nervous and stuttering like a five year old, i put air quotations around 'bond'.

she chuckled tiredly and laid back down in her original position. "sure mijo. don't stay out too late. don't do anything stupid. i'll know." she warned jokingly. i gave an uneasy chuckle and closed the door. letting out a breath of relief i went back to my room and grabbed my phone and went back downstairs.

i found nick laying a blanket over bj's body as he stared at his tablet screen intensely, not even acknowledging his presence. i giggled at the sight of them two.

"don't be on that all night now, ya' heard me?" he said. all bj do was nod his head slowly. rolling his eyes and mushing his head, i followed nick out the door and locked it behind me.

we hopped in the car and nick started the engine and began driving to nowhere in particular. i got comfortable in the passenger side and stared at the dark starry sky. i glanced at nick who was scrolling through his phone with an indifferent facial expression, probably looking for a song.

i admired the way his yellow-ish skin shone in the pale moonlight and how his dreads cascaded over his face in such a way, you would think he was modeling or something. i watched his tongue glide across his lips to wet them and his eyes flicker in different directions every few seconds.

my heart raced when he shifted his gaze on me and held a teeny, devious smirk on his face.  i quickly looked back out the window and pretended to be normal, but my lips curled into a grin as well.

about ten minutes later, we arrived an empty park that had a hiking trail. i had only come here one other time and that was a long time ago.

he parked the car in one of the various spaces in the parking lot and turned off the engine, but left the radio playing. i listened for a second and automatically recognized the song. i played this song almost everyday.

"this what happen when i think 'bout you. i be in my feelings yeah, i start reminiscing yeah,"

i swayed my body slightly in the seat and mouthed the next line. "next time around, fuck i want it to be different yeah,"

i looked over at nick briefly so see him smiling slightly to himself, while sprinkling the weed bud into two blunts at a time. i saw he had three more already rolled blunts and i got slightly more excited.

i was about to take one of the blunts to roll myself he stopped me. "uh-uh." he said as his tongue glided across the brown leaf. i arched my eyebrow confused. "w-what? l-let me roll it."

he shook his head again. "i said i gotchu mama. just sit back and chill." surprised, i bit the inside of the cheek and opened my mouth to say something else but he gave me stern look and i immediately closed it again. so i did as he said and got comfortable.

"we use to lay up and stay up, have sex then blow dank. i shouldn't have played no games just leveled up my rank." i continued to sing softly to myself, cautious so that nick wouldn't hear me.

"hmmm, hea'." nick spoke suddenly. i turned my body towards him and grabbed the blunt from him. "t-thank you. you didn't have to." i looked shyly at my fingers holding the drug.

he shook his head and took out his lighter. "i wanted to. now come hea'." he demanded in a low voice.

i put the blunt in my mouth and leant forward so he could light it. "you remember what to do right?" nick asked.