Vincent faked a chuckle and coughed uneasily. 

'Cleaning up the backseat won't be easy, bro.' 

                                                                          *****

"You did well for the most part." George smiled. "Next time, don't run over anybody. There's more to the case than what we originally planned out. It would've been easier if it wasn't one of our people, you could've left any normal person out there. Good call on picking her up though. It's okay, no worries, this is Ronnie's car and it was on the way back to his place. All the evidence points to him." He laughed and Ronnie, the real Ronnie, shivered as he cowered away from us. 

"Won't it be somewhat suspicious that there's blood on the road but no one there? It'll be obvious!" I stopped and lied, "What about bystanders? They could tell the police!" I paused as I stole a glance at the motionless Naomi. "Will she be okay?" 

George shrugged. "You've probably smashed a few of her ribs. She'll be all better in the morning with a bit of rest, I'm sure." 

"She's not moving!" I moaned angrily. "She could be in a coma right now. We might never get her back!"

"Do I look like Dr. George to you? Hmm? The most I could do was check her pulse and she has a beating heart. That's all I can do right now. She's probably sleepy anyway." 

Mini me ground his head into the floor, hoping to rub the frustrating head ache out of him. My subconscious wouldn't remove itself from the corner. It cried helplessly, holding itself in fetal position. Questions revolved around my mind. 

What if she doesn't remember me? What if she dies? What if I hurt her when I attempted CPR? What if her injuries don't heal? What will her dad and uncle do to me when they find out I ran over her? Would they be angry with her for trying to escape? Was she trying to escape without me? What was she doing outside in the first place? 

After hours, Ronnie finally ushered his first sentence. 

"I don't want anymore trouble... W-what about your friend? You should leave to help her out..." He trembled as his tears traced a wet trail down his cheeks. 

George tightened his grip on his gun, making sure Ronnie noticed. Ignoring him, he nodded to me. "Have you cleaned some of the wounds?" 

I nodded, wiping away the remainder of blood off of my hands. I caught myself feeling emotionless. As his bottom lip trembled, I didn't feel the need to help him like I did when I walked into his only hours ago. I felt numb and the only explanation was the murders I've just committed. They had a vice-like grip on my thoughts.

"We're ready, we're about to leave now. We have some shocking news..." George murmured into his phone, "No, no, Sean didn't fail. We have the money. He got more than we expected actually. The money bag is so packed that some of the bill-stacks are cutting into the plastic and spilling out." He chuckled, smirking. I heard an ecstatic, booming voice on the other line. I couldn't make out the words but it was clearly Naomi's dad.

"The shocking news? I almost forgot. Sean ran over Naomi. It was totally accidental I assume but Naomi left the trailer when she claimed to use the restroom and-"

The booming voice belonging to Dylan suddenly became outraged. I could now make out words he was screaming into George's ear... 

"How?!...how did he manage to run over my daughter?!..."

"Y-yes... sir, let me explain furthe-"

"Sean did this?!... Why wasn't he watching himself?!"