Chapter 7

This has been proof-read and edited! :D [✔]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously: (Naomi's POV - she finished up the sixth chapter.)

I wallowed in pain. "Ergh..." It took several seconds of wobbling before my vision focused. Without giving myself a secound though, I ran. I ran as far as my short legs could take me. I wasn't sure of my direction anymore. Every step away from that trailer tasted more and more like freedom. Then a road came to view. Traveling it at a ridiculous speed, I found George's car. Police cars aligned the entrance of the bank as wounded workers were rushed out. My eyes prickled with tears as a child lay limp in one of the police man's arms. My heart shattered into pieces as the mother of that child lay on the ground, weeping uncontrollably. She reached out to her daughter with weak arms. "Julia!" She called, "Please bring her to me!" She begged.

Sean had done that, he succeeded. I held myself accountable.

Suddenly I felt myself being propelled forwards then jerked backwards by a mystical force. Barely conscious, my surroundings became dark. My mind wandered to the pain vibrating through my skull. I didn't pay attention to the sound of it cracking. Neither did I pay attention to the color scarlett leaking all over my sprawled body.

I must be dying and my last thought lingers to Sean. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean's POV

'Good going,' Vincent said, 'You ran over a pedestrian.' 

Kara was screaming bloody murder at this point. She wasn't even in the state to give me advice. If I must say, my logical sense was fried. 

The sirens in the distance snapped me back into reality. My pounding heart calmed in the slightest when I saw there were no extra eyes lurking around us. I was on a lone strip of road with only forest to my left and right. The trailer parks were mere dots at the moment.

I spazzed and quickly freed myself from my seat. Leaving the engine running, I ran towards the front of the car. The first thing I noticed was the puddle of blood oozing around the tires. Teardrops of crimson dripped from the hood. I grimaced and shivered. It was until I saw the face of the pedestrian that made the blood in my veins go cold. My heart choked me as it caught in my throat, only to fall head-first into the pit of my churning stomach. 

"You have to be kidding me!" I spat angrily. 

Naomi's body lay sprawled against the cement. I thought the worse I could've done was run over an elderly with a cane or a small child who just wanted to fetch their ball from the side of the road. Or in a worse case, it could've been somebody from my family but no, it was Naomi. For a split second, I squeezed my eyes shut and re-opened them to hope it was anybody but her. Pushing the cruel thought to the back of my mind, I took action. 

Already knowing she's unconcious, I stupidly waved my hands above Naomi's face. I checked for her pulse on the side of her neck. It was faint but it was there. Going for my last alternative to wake her up, I tried CPR only to hear bones crush beneath my palms. I instantly flinched away with frightful eyes. Did I do that?! 

I carefully scooped up Naomi's stilled body. I felt the tears on the back of her shirt and I could only imagine that scrapes the road gave her. Her jeans had a fresh cut on the knee and blood leaked from her head. 

Suddenly the sirens got unmistakeably louder. It pulsed through the air like heavy music at a club. I teared up, praying to my lost God, to anyone, that I'd be able to save her and myself. I laid her across the backseat as stealthily as I could and jumped back into the driver's seat. I left behind the blood stained road, the sirens and the dead faces of the people at the bank.