Chapter 23 - Nothing Like War

Previously

"We will make a compromise," he told Piper, who nodded in acknowledgment. "We will reveal one of our Commanders, and only one. After we do so, we will choose if we want to reveal ourselves or not."

Piper hesitated and looked towards Annabeth, who nodded encouragingly.

"We accept," she stated.

Theron nodded and stepped back, allowing Medic to take the spotlight.

The Commander took a deep breath and reached up to pull down his hood.

Now

The tension was thick in the air. Nobody made a noise as they watched Medic, the Tenth Commander of the Chaos Army, reach up to pull down his hood. Everybody had questions from the beginning. Who were these people? Where did they come from? Why are they helping us?

Medic's hand clutched his hood and slowly lowered the piece of clothing, allowing the crowd of demigods to see his face. The hood dropped and for a moment, nobody spoke.

"Oh, my gods. Michael?" the Commander of Healing looked up to see Will Solace, current councilor of the Apollo cabin, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Hey, Will." Michael smiled weakly. "You've grown since I last saw you."

Michael was tackled in a hug from the son of Apollo. He seemed surprised by the sudden act but hugged back after a moments notice. Michael felt like his shoulder was getting wet and realized that his younger brother was crying. He hugged Will tighter and started whispering soothing things in his ear.

"This doesn't make any sense. You should be dead." Michael looked up to see Nico di Angelo staring at him with wide eyes. Micheal laughed.

"Do I look dead to you?" Michael asked, still hugging his younger brother. Before Nico could respond, Theron spoke up.

"Wait a moment. You know these kids, Medic?" he asked. Michael had to give it to him, his acting skills weren't too bad.

"Uh, yeah. Earth was my home planet when I was...living." he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. Theron nodded. 

Michael turned around only to be tackled by more people. He was crushed in a hug by Annabeth, Clarisse, Katie, and the Stolls. The other Campers just looked confused.

"Who is he?" Estelle spoke the question that invaded many Campers' minds. The Campers that fought in the Second Titanomachy smiled.

"This is Michael Yew," Annabeth said, reaching a hand on the Son of Apollo's shoulder. "He was one of the many Campers who fought bravely in the Titan War. He..." Annabeth trailed off, explaining someone's death was not easy.

"I fell off the Williamsburg Bridge when one of our allies destroyed it," Michael stated casually. In the back, Theron winced, thankfully going unnoticed by the many Campers.

"So you fought and died in the Titan War?" Piper asked, her eyes wide.

"Yup." he replied, popping the 'p'. The Campers stared at him with wide eyes. 

"Where's Percy?" inwardly, Michael winced. He knew that he was playing them like a fiddle, but it was necessary for their plan to work. The atmosphere darkened tenfold.

"He's...he's not here right now," Annabeth said stiffly. "Why don't we have a little party, to catch up on things. We will explain from there." 

Before Michael could respond, an unknown voice was heard from the entrance of the Dining  Pavilion.