Prologue

Theron took out his dagger. He and his target were the only ones in the room. Who is his target? Vayne Culaan of planet Tianope. Tianope is a very dull planet. Of course, when you have a ruler like Culaan it makes everything much more difficult. The streets are filled with grime, the people are dressed in rags and the whole village is practically dying of starvation. 

Meanwhile, in the castle, King Vayne ate like the gods and treated his citizens like they were property. Women were treated like pigs and had no rights, men were either forced to join the King's army or beaten. Basically, Vayne should be sent to a place worse than Tartarus. Theron studied his target. He was overweight and reeked of perfume so strongly that you could smell it across the room.

 On Tianope, they were not too different from Earthlings. However, Tianopians could vary in skin color to a snow-white to dark black. The people there also had more defined features. This includes longer fingers, more pointed ears, and noses and most of all, brighter eyes. The king was very plump and had long, fat fingers, a balding head, and an ugly yellow-vomit eye color. 

Theron sat there a bit longer before dropping out of his hiding place, a beam supporting the castle roof, and landing silently on the floor. The king, who saw movement, looked up from his throne and only got to look at the person there for a second or two before having a darker than black dagger thrown straight into his chest, killing him instantly. Theron was wearing his black cloak that covered most of his face, except for his mouth. He grinned before walking over to inspect the body. The dagger, which was made of Galactic Obsidian (the rarest metal in the known universe), was perfectly planted in his chest. Of course, Theron knew this already. Theron never missed. The masked man bent down and ripped the dagger out of the King's chest. He then placed a letter in the king's hand before jumping back to his pillar.

 It was only a few minutes until one of the servants of the palace walked in and saw the king, dead. The servant stared in shock for a moment before his face visibly brightened. He ran over, grabbed the letter in the king's hand and read it. The letter read:

 Citizens of Tianope, 

I, Theron, have decided to end your greedy, lustful king's rule so your kingdom can start anew. To save you the trouble, I must suggest you turn the power of control over to a twenty-two-year-old girl by the name of Nebula Reanstrin. I believe she will lead your kingdom to the greatest it can be. 

-Theron, Assassin of Many 

 After the letter was read to the Tianopians, everyone was in shock. Not only was their malicious king dead, but Theron has elected a citizen to lead the kingdom. As far as the people were aware, this was not a common occurrence. One of the king's old guards then suddenly announced, "Nebula Reanstrin please step forward to claim your kingdom."

Everyone waited. A minute passed and then a girl, no taller than 5' 7" (about 170 centimeters) walked up to the guard. She had dark brown, almost black skin with periwinkle blue hair, and warm, orange eyes. She may not have looked like much, but her aura was powerful. She would be a good leader.

 The guard spoke again, "Do you, Nebula Reanstrin, accept the gift as ruler of Tianopia?"

The girl hesitated for a moment before speaking, "I accept and swear to be a fair, glorious ruler of the kingdom." Her voice was soft, yet fierce. 

 "We the people of Tianopia," the whole village spoke this time. "accept Nebula Reanstrin as our ruler."

 The guard then slammed his foot on the ground, his metal combat boots he was wearing made it echo. "All hail, Queen Nebula."

The village echoed, "All hail, Queen Nebula!"

The Queen smiled as the crown was placed on her head. Once the crown is placed on the wearer's head, the wearer does not age and can only die from combat wounds. The village cheered before a man in a dark cloak stepped out of the shadows. Everyone immediately saw the figure and quieted instantly. The Queen looked to where the people were looking and gasped. 

The man grinned under the cloak. "Do not fear I am not here to harm anyone."

The voice was loud and fierce. The Queen regained her composure and spoke to the cloaked man, "Who are you?"

"I am Theron. The destroyer of your old ruler, Vayne." Theron spat the name out with distaste. 

The crowd gasped again. The Queen looked shocked before smiling, "Theron, it is an honor to meet you. I must thank you for ridding our land from that scum, Vayne. We will never repay you."

 Theron chuckled, "Do not worry, I do not expect payment. I must wish you all good luck in transforming your kingdom once more. I must go now but will visit in a few years." Theron smiled before stepping into the shadows and disappearing.  

A/N:

Chapter Completed: May 15th, 2019

Words: 879 (Not as much as I would have liked.)