Ai Kotoba (Gladion x reader)

{This is based on the Vocaloid song 'Ai Kotoba' by Deco 27}

"Is it okay," I asked sheepishly as Lillie, my best friend, reread the pages of which I handed her. I watched as her eyes rolled in annoyance but still, grudgingly,  reread the finished song lyrics. She quickly handed it back to me and said, "For the third time Y/n, it's amazing. Now stop acting like it's the end of the world and go get ready,"

I sighed in defeat and slowly walked over to the pre-chosen clothes for the inevitable night that was to come. Of course, Lilie helped me out picking out the outfit. It was simple but cute; a dark grey long sleeve shirt with a collar, along with a f/c skirt with o/f/c stockings. I grabbed the clothes and went inside my bathroom to quickly change.

I examined myself in the big oval mirror in front of me. I was never really one who cared about my looks or features but today happened to be an exception. I felt like I was too fat and unproportional to the clothes I was wearing. My face was like a sketch nobody finished; It was a mess and gross.

 I heard loud bangs coming from outside of the bathroom door. "Come on Y/n! Stop avoiding the inevitable, what happened to the determined, not scared of anything champion?"

Sighing, I grabbed my brush as well as a hair tie or two and pulled open the door, leaving me exposed in my room. Lilie gave me yet another irritated eye roll and dragged me towards my bed to sit down.

Sometimes I wonder where the mild-mannered, sweet, caring, soft-spoken friend of mine went. It's true that over the years we have all changed ever since the takedown of Lusamine. I, for one, became the Alola's Pokemon Champion, but that's already established, am I right? Ever since that day a few years back,Lilie decided to go to Kanto to become stronger for both her family and friends, Hau, although he didn't become Alola's Champion, had settled to help Team Skull become better people for the community and trained even harder to at least follow in his grandfather's footsteps. Finally, Gladion had taken the place of his mother in becoming the Aether Foundation president. Everyone I feel has matured and really developed into their own person. Well, everyone except me I guess. I mean, sure, it's not like Gladion, Lillie, and Hau have become super boring adult-like people in the span of about 3 years, especially Hau.  But sometimes it feels like my childishness has clung onto me and it will never leave.

"Thank you, Lillie," I said out of the blue. The blonde gave me a confused look, my f/c brush paused in her hand.

"What do you mean?" I let out a soft yet awkward chuckle.

"I guess for just being by my side for this long. I'm pretty sure any person would get tired of me and my personality but you haven't." I emphasized, "And now you are helping me get ready for tonight too. I'm so glad you're back, I missed you!" She smiled warmly and without hesitation, pulled me into a tight hug.

"I think you're forgetting how much in debt Gladion and I are to you. Without you, who knows what would have had happened with our Mother and all. Anyways, you've been there for us since day one, why would we leave you behind? Anybody would be lucky to be your friend!" We pulled away from the hug and both laughed. That's when I glanced up at my Eevee clock by my bedside and realized that it was 8:48 PM. Great, we were going to be late to the Karaoke bar.

I briskly pulled my hair into a (insert hairstyle) and we headed out to the place.

A TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY HAU TRYING TO MAKE MALASADA BUT ULTIMATELY FAILING

Once Lillie and I reached Jigglypuffs Restaurant and Karaoke Bar (Le name of the place I made out of random) we tried to look for our two guy friends. We went inside and saw them at a table close to the elevated stage. On the karaoke stage, there were two guys singing a song I didn't recognize. One guy had light brown, spiky, hair who sported a black button-up shirt with green shorts. The next guy looked more mature. He had dark brown hair that was covered with a red pokemon hat. His shirt was a simple white and red along with light blue jeans.