Chapter 21

Wednesday, 21 June 2017 – Skylar

Joshua wanted to talk to me last night, but I was so mad at him. I still am. How could he tell intimate details about what happened to me to Dave. Dave of all people. I tossed and turned all night, every time I drifted off his dark black eyes pierced deeper into me and his words seamed fiercer rubbing salt in the open wounds.

"It's sad that you are so untrainable, you could be a beautiful pet." His words made me flash back to Atlanta when someone came to access my "submission" he said I was untrainable.

I was sitting on the patio slowly sipping my chamomile tea. My eyes peered at the water the way the sun flickered on the water calmed me more than the tea. The sun reflected off the chair Dave was sitting in and all the emotion would crash through me again.

"Skylar, how are"

"Just don't Joshua, don't, you have no right no right at all!" My hands slam down the iron table way to hard it hurts. "Fuck!"

"Darling are"

"You just don't get it do you. You couldn't just leave me alone. You want to torture me over and over again. Why, why did you have to do this to me?" I immediately felt terrible for saying what I did, but man he deserved them. Frowning I look him in his eyes, but he seems even more confused than me.

"Look I won't push what happened with you and Dave. I am sorry for whatever that bastard did." This time I didn't interrupt him. I waited to hear what he had to say so that he can leave. "I would appreciate it if you could go see someone about what happened to you in Atlanta." I talked to him and look what happened. I will so not go see anyone. No one can be trusted. "You haven't talked to anyone about what happened..."

I know for a fact that I didn't talk to Isabelle the only person I could have talked to was Joshua. So how can he accuse me of not talking to anyone? I must have right? It would make sense to, he didn't ask or press me for any information and the only explanation I had was that he knows everything. So what was he going on about?

He was still going on and on about the reasons I should go see someone. I stopped listening a long time ago. Why didn't the police question me? I never gave a statement right? Do I have amnesia as well?

"I'll agree to whatever terms if you would agree to go see someone." Those words pulled me back to the conversation and I finally looked at him. He seemed tired even more tired than I felt. What could be troubling him?

"I am worried about you." He tells me answering my unspoken question. "So please just think about it and tell me what I could offer you that would let you agree."

"Agree to see someone?" I asked making sure I didn't miss anything when I zoned out. He affirmed with a nod. It seemed as if he was falling apart as if his whole world was about to crumble in front of him.

"I have a proposition for you then." I said as the idea I had over dinner comes back to my mind.

"Just tell me please." He begs

"I would like to start making lunch meals and frozen meals and sell them. I think there is a good market for it on Mecer Island. I will try to calculate the expenses I have for you and repay you."

"Anything else you want?" he asked hopeful.

"Yes" his shoulders instantly pull to his ears as tension starts to reside again. "I would like to choose who I see."

"Anything, um, else?"

"That's it."

"I am happy to accept those terms. I was afraid..." he looked at me searching my eyes. "Thank you for agreeing to see someone." I didn't press him on what he started to say, but deep within me something was screaming at me to find out.