Lies and Smells

Melody's POV

Brynn, Scarlett, and I are sitting at the dining room table eating breakfast when there's a knock on the door. The two look down at their food then look at me and I shake my head with a smile.

"I'll get it."

Hurrying to the door, I open it to reveal a date card on the welcome mat. It was Thursday so that meant that this was probably the one on one date card. Walking back inside I go to the stairs and yell up, "Date card!"

A whole stampede of girls run down the stairs and cameramen come in through the front door. As every one sits and gets comfortable, I stand front and center.

I was actually really excited. I finally get to read a date card. This excites me to the core. But I was also nervous. It is week three and you never know what the producers will do. Like Tyler said a lot of the time he doesn't get the chance to choose girls for date cards not until it gets more intense with less girls.

"Alright girls we got a date card."

"Woo I'm so excited! Open it up Mel!"

I smile at Caelynn then tear open the envelope. Looking at all the names I know it's a surprise group date. On Thursday though? That's kind of late.

"Camila... me... Brynn... Kennedy... Sadie... Grace. Let's test our chemistry."

I look up at all the confused faces. I know guys I was in shock too.

"Another group date? So late in the week?"

"Wow..."

Laura makes her presence known quickly after the cameras turn off, "Alright girls who have a group date I need you all to wear black shorts and a white tank top try to make it athletic clothes also. You have five minutes starting... now!"

Me and Brynn run to our room and put on athletic shorts and the white shirt like Laura said. My shirt is a white nike crop top tank and my shorts are spandex Nike pro shorts with a cool twisted waistband.

Together we make our way to the staircase and finally after a little bit of a wait, Laura let's us go. We all get into a black SUV and it takes us to a small building with a science logo on the front. We make our way inside and see Tyler standing by this older man with brown hair.

Tyler smiles as he sees us, "Welcome to the love lab."

"We're going to measure you in a series of experiments. Then give you a numerical score from one to ten. We're going to find out if the odors you give off are attractive to Tyler."

Tyler sniffs as a joke and laughs making most of us laugh at the insanity of this group date. Brynn nudges me and we look at Grace and Sadie who have looks of disgust on their faces. We laugh silently then turn our attention back to Tyler and the scientist.

"We're going to take a quick break and explain to Tyler what's going to happen."

The cameras turn off and Laura comes in the room and takes us each to separate rooms. I stand by the glass window and look out bored, wondering why we were all in different rooms.

Suddenly, the door opens and in comes Laura with cameraman, Manny, in tow. They stand by me and Manny sets up his camera to I guess interview me. Laura makes sure I look fine then she moves out the view of the camera. The red light comes on and Laura looks at me.

"What do you think about the date so far?"

"I'm very intrigued actually. I mean I guess I kind of understand how scent is important to attraction but I've never taken it so serious. I'm confused as to like what he's going to do... he's just going to like smell our body?"