Applying To The Show

Melody's POV

"She really said that?"

I nod looking at my best friend. She closes her mouth, which she just had open because of shock.

"Wow that is one smart three year old."

"Yep." I start to sip my orange juice as Loran smiles wickedly.

"She's right though."

Suddenly, I spit out my drink a little and then gasp in embarrassment. Luckily only two people saw what just happened. I smile at them sheepishly making them chuckle and look away. Loran raises an eyebrow then laughs uncontrollably as I frown.

"What do you mean?"

Loran frowns, "Ugh are you serious? Melody Drake you have been single for what three years now. You haven't been on a date in probably five. I know you loved... love Liam but he's not here anymore. You have taken care of your baby to the best of your ability... but you need to be happy too. I know you love yourself and your life, but I also know that you are lonely. Find someone who can help make you happy... live again. Mel we've been friends since second grade. We're literally sisters. All your life you've made everyone else happy. Now's the time to do something for yourself."

I take Loran's words into consideration then nod, "Yeah I guess you're right Lo. Ugh so what do I do? I feel like I'll be super awkward getting back into the dating game."

Loran squeals in excitement as she claps her hands, "I have been waiting for this moment for two years now. I wanted to give you some time to grieve but now it's time to take life into your own hands..."

She takes a deep breath before she continues, "Sign up for The Bachelor!"

I stare blankly at her then shake my head and laugh as if she's crazy. Me on The Bachelor... no way that will ever happen. Most of those girls are like super models. Hell Loran would fit in perfectly with her long blonde locks, grayish blue eyes, and perfect smile. I would be like... a black sheep or maybe even the ugly duckling.

She frowns and tilts her head in question looking a bit confused. I sigh and rub my head trying to figure out how to explain my worries to her.

"Lo you want me to sign up to be on a dating show. First of all, I haven't spoken to the opposite sex in years. Well I'm lying I have. Only to ask how much time they let their child spend watching omizoomi or why every child is so insane about baby shark-"

"Mel! You want love. You want security. You want a family. So does the bachelor. His name is Tyler, he is looking for his wife. He is the sweetest gentleman you will ever meet. I watched his season with Hannah when she was Bachelorette, and lemme tell ya... she missed out. He knows what he wants. There's no games and I don't know... this feels like it could be right. It's like something is telling me to make you do this."

I sit still with a blank face as she pouts.

"Come on Mel. Please. For me..."

Nothing.

"For you."

Still nothing.

She glares then smirks, "Well I didn't want it to be this way but you've given me no choice. For Nova... she told you to be happy and she's upset she doesn't have a dad here for her. Find that guy."

I groan and look at the ceiling then back at my friend who has an evil smile.

"You're horrible."

"You'll thank me someday."

After brunch, I head off to my office to see if anything needed to be done

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After brunch, I head off to my office to see if anything needed to be done. Pulling up the the building I stare at the sign and smile, 'Drake's Dreams Come True.'

I walk into the building and glance at the couple photos that fill the walls. Coming up to my secretary, Kim, I smile and ask if any messages came in and what was the itinerary for today.

"One message from Hope Leonardo. She would like to meet with you and discuss her rustic wedding ideas and plans. I made a meeting for Friday at 3. The team have all finished all their assignments and your intern is here to shadow the team also. There is nothing for today, the only thing is for the team to come up with a set schedule for Mr and Ms Daniels modern wedding at the event center in Marietta."

"Awesome I'll check in with everyone then stay for a bit and after that I'll be on my way."

"Sounds good Ms Drake."

After a longish short day at work, I finally am able to come back home. As soon as I sit down the doorbell rings. I groan and get up with a frustrated sigh. Opening the door, I frown at Loran and then shut the door in her face. Walking back to the couch, I then fall face first on it. Within seconds, I hear the door open but don't move.

"Well that was rude Mel!"

I hear a smile in her voice so I know she's not mad.

"Alright I brought my laptop and I'll do all the work you just answer some of the questions."

Glancing up at her, I see her type in The Bachelor applications on her laptop. I chuckle then drop my head back down onto the cushions.

"Okay first question is... what is your highest level of education? Okay I got this one... Went to college, graduated Associate in Sociology and Bachelor in Business."

Silence fills the room as I hear her scroll and mumble to herself. The keys click and clack as her fingers type furiously.

"Why would you want to find your spouse on tv?"

I lift my head and think about the question before answering, "Blind dates and dating apps can only go so far and sometimes aren't the right thing. I think finding my spouse anywhere is worth a try. Being on tv means nothing if it means I'm one step closer to finding the one."

Loran smiles, "Aw I like that answer... what are your hobbies and interests."

"Love photography and baking. I like to sing and dance. Love doing Zumba classes instead of going to the gym."

Loran nods and types, "Alright cool and send."

I sit up straight and pull my legs into the couch as I sit criss cross, "You think I'll even make it on the show. I'm pretty boring."

"Girl you were made for this!"

"You think I'm ready."

"Of course. You are so strong. It's time for you to start thinking about yourself. I know you're lonely and want that family feeling you've always thought out since you were little... you can get it. You just have to believe."

I nod and then pull her into a tight hug, "Thanks for being there for me. I love you."

"I love you too Mel!"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.