51

CHAPTER 51

Boys and a Pair of Scissors

REN

KNIGHT HAD BEEN in his grumpy side all day and I suspect that it's because CJ had been a bit clingy to me.

"Ren, come with me. I want some chocolate ice cream."

"Ren, you forgot to take your slipper back from Kei's room. Let's go get it."

"Ren, is my mom calling you?"

"Ren, eat my carrots."

The fact that I don't like eating carrots as well didn't stop him from picking on me and Knight was even that deeply irritated to the extent of him glaring at me for some reasons when I obey his brother.

"Bukas ng gabi na tayo umalis para naman hindi ka mahilo sa biyahe sa unang araw. Siguruhin mong naihanda mo na lahat," paalala ni Knight sa akin habang kumakain kami ng hapunan. Kung ano man ang maaari kong ipagmalaki sa pagtira kasama ni Knight, iyon ay ang walang-katapusang kain. Hindi siya nagmimintis sa pagpapakain sa akin dahil palagi niya akong tinatanong na madalas ay nakakasanayan ko na.

When we started living together, he always refuses to take my money—for any reason. It frustrates me a lot for I don't have any nerve to live off of someone else's money but the jerk that he is always calls my grandpa and tells him how hard-headed I am being.

"Sasama ako," singit ni CJ habang umiinom ng tubig.

Knight glared at him and fished his phone out to call someone.

Napansin ko ang pagkaalarma ni CJ sa ginawa ng kanyang kuya ngunit wala itong nagawa. Sa nakikita ko ay kaya palang maging mas nakakatakot ni Knight kumpara kay CJ kapag hinayaan niya itong maging ganito ka-iritado.

"CeCe. I'm done with this kid. Mom kicked him out too and now he's messing up my life. Go get him here or I'll stop being your model for your future exhibits!"

CJ stood up and ran to the room. "That's not fair!"

Dalawampung minuto ang nakalipas habang naghuhugas ako ng plato nang tumunog ang door bell. Naglalaba sa loob ng banyo si Knight samantalang nilinaw na ni CJ na hindi siya kikilos kaya naman ako na ang nagbukas nito.

Labis ang aking pagkabigla nang makita ko ang magandang dalagang isinayaw ng magkapatid sa party at hindi ko mapigilang hindi mautal sa pagpapapasok sa kanya nang makita ko siya nang malapitan.

"Hi. You must be Ren," she grinned as she sat down the couch and took off her shoes.

"Hala, huwag mo nang alisin, Ma'am. Hindi pa ako nakakapagwalis," suway ko sa kanya.

She laughed and stood back up to reach for my hands. "I heard you're going to AFP Medical tomorrow. Good luck," she said while giving a warm squeeze in my hand before whispering, "I'd love to spend some time with you but you know how my brother hates being interrupted. Now where is that devil?"

Her question got me confused since right now, I am taking care of two devils in the house. She seems to notice my struggle analysing and grinned.

"The older one."

I nodded in realization and quietly told her that he's doing the laundry in the bathroom. She then happily sashayed to that door with a smile that says, "I have an evil plan."

And there came the legendary tale of evil two evil brothers answering to a beautiful goddess in an oversized white shirt, a six-pocket faded pants and blue sneakers about how badly they treat a poor little thing like me with their attitude. Well, not that I am enjoying this but I pretty had some enough time to laugh alone without getting yelled at by one of the brothers.