34

CHAPTER 34

Boys and Watermelons

REN

HE WAS TRUE to his word. He waved at me as I made my way out of the hall and asked for a high five. "You have nice uniform here huh," he side comments as he scanned the twelfth graders walk out of the school gate, some were giggling as they steal him glances.

"What is it with your family and you good looks?" I pouted.

He laughed as he pulled the door for me and started his Accent. "Thanks for the compliment."

"So where is this affordable place you were talking about?"

"Well," he cleared his throat and spoke slowly, "Truth is it's free."

"Really?"

"Yel's sister owns the place. We're free to do whatever we want there."

"That doesn't equate for being affordable," I glared at him.

"You'll love it there," he smiled and flung his phone to my lap. "Feel free to check the photos in the website so you won't get bored while I get you there."

Dahil wala naman akong magawa ay tinignan ko na rin. Isa itong hidden garden resort and spa na may taniman ng mga ubas. Kung ako ang tatanungin ay tama ako sa sinabi ko kaninang malayo ito sa ideya nila ng abot-kaya.

Dapithapon nang makarating kami roon at hindi na ako nabigla nang salubungin kami ng limang lalaking dumukot sa akin. Nagngingitian sila at saka ako ginayak sa pasukan ng mga customer. Ang hindi ko inasahan ay ang makita rin si Yel sa desk na nakasuot ng puting loose collared shirt at beige na shorts. An aviator glasses was clipped around his undershirt.

"Welcome, Ren," aniya at ako ay inakbayan. Tinabig ni Hans ang kanyang braso at saka ito nangaral.

"You are on your duty, stop flirting with your customers."

They laughed and explained to me that Yel is currently on his OJT here. How convenient was that, no?

"I am not happy with your idea of affordable," I chided them as we walked up to a table with prepared course.

"We're not happy with your escape either. By the way, I'm Jared," the guy who looks to be the youngest said. I nodded and told my name.

"Yeah, yeah, your name has been the talk of the family for some time now. We all know you," the guy who looks to have the Filipino complexion said. "I'm Ty."

"Tyler?" I referred.

He groaned and complained, "Why do all girls always guess my twin's name first? Is my name hard to assume?"

Napatawa na lang ako.

"Tyrone," he pouted and went to sip from his pink beverage.

"Harcourt," pakilala ng lalaking misteryoso noong una pa lamang na makita ko siya sa van. "I apologize for kidnapping you. However, don't be confident if you think we'd never do it again. Right, Aes?"

Nag-apir sila ng tinawag niyang Aes at saka nagtawanan. Si Aes ang mestisong prankster sa bahay ng mga Romualdez. Siya rin ang nagdrive sa get-away van na ginamit nila.

"Palagi niyo bang ginagawa iyon? Ang mandukot tapos ituturing na guest sa isang hotel ang hostage ninyo?"

Ty grinned and offered me a drink. I nodded. "Oh, you drink?"

I shrugged and took the glass of what I think is Patron coffee whiskey.

Hindi pa ako nakakainom ng whiskey pero para sa aking dagdag na kaalaman, iinom ako ng isang beses at kaunti.