50

CHAPTER 50

Boys and Impulse

REN

I ALMOST HUGGED CJ tightly as we saw him standing by the door of Knight's unit with his bodyguard. The seven-year-old devil just had the nerve to step on my shoes to stop me from getting any closer.

Internally, I was thanking everything that he came by so Knight could push all his thoughts away about what he just told me for breathing deep.

Knight begrudgingly pulled his keys and walked heavily as he dragged the stuffs to the kitchen.

"What do you need?" he asked his brother who comfily strode around the unit, ordering his BG to stand guard outside and wait.

"Ren?" tawag ni CJ sa akin.

"Yeah?"

"It's brother-to-brother talk. Go to your room."

I squinted at him but he immediately sent me off with his sharp glare that made me running to the door and hide. That kid was really something.

Hindi ko inabala ang sarili kong mag-eavesdrop sa magkapatid. Hinayaan ko sila habang nag-ayos na lamang ako ng aking mga gamit sa duffel bag para hindi ko na gawin bukas nang wala akong makalimutan pagdating ng biyahe.

Napagkasya ko naman ang mga gamit ko sa duffel maging ang isang extrang bag na dadalhin ko para paglagyan ng mga magagamit kong damit.

Knight's mom once called and advised me to bring lot of pens, correction tapes, pencil and an envelope as well.

Hindi nagtagal ay mukhang natapos na ang pag-uusap ng agkapatid dahil ang bata ay nangahas na pumasok sa silid nang walang paalam at saka kaagad na pinindot ang lock ng pinto bago pa man siya masundan ni Knight. Nanlalaban ang kuya niya sa pagkatok ng pinto ngunit maaaring walang magawa si Knight dahil hawak na ng kapatid ang kanyang susi. Hindi ko maiwasang mabilib sa batang ito.

He watched me as I zip the bad shut and said, "Do you actually know what you are going to do?"

"You're the third person to ask me that same question."

"That only proves that you seem unaware of what awaits you because we can see what you don't," he harshly snapped as he strode to me.

"Hindi ko alam kung bakit pati ikaw na paslit ay may kailangang sabihin sa akin tungkol sa mga desisyon ko pero utang na loob, kung lalaitin mo rin lang ako, tapusin mo na kaagad nang hindi na tayo nag-aaksaya ng panahon."

"Huwag mo akong pinangungunahan. I came here to see whether my brother is still doing well while he's busy concealing his frustrations about his inability to convince you to drop your plans for the military. I don't like what I'm seeing with my brother. What made you think you have the power to change him to a rather soft man?"

"Hindi kita maintindihan."

"That's the point. People like you won't understand how a man like my brother who is expected to inherit a multi-billion worth of properties should act. And like what he's doing now, it would surely frustrate our dad! Soon, he might be taken away from us so that dad could show him how he should be like without my mom's intervention. You don't know how my dad's brain works."

"I don't know where in the world my role about that is," I said as I tried to hold back my urge to just walk out of the room. I just don't want to come out as the immature one as I talked to a devil trapped in a body of a seven-year-old.

"See? You still don't get it. Let me use the lightest words so you can understand in the level of a commoner."

Hindi ako sumagot dahil nakakaasar man, tila ba mahalaga ang sasabihin niya.