43

CHAPTER 43

Boys and a Pink Bed

REN

"EH WALA PA naman dito si Lolo 'di doon muna ako sa kabila," katuwiran ko pero hindi niya pa rin ibinibigay ang susi sa akin.

"Gusto ko ngang tabi tayo eh."

How vocal is he, isn't it?

"Hindi ka ba nagsasawa sa pantitrip sa akin?"

"Hindi naman ako nantitrip ah."

"Eh anong ginagawa mo?"

"Masama bang sabihin sa'yo kung ano talaga ang mga gusto ko?" aniya at saka inagaw ang binalot kong unan at kumot upang ibalik ang mga ito sa silid.

Sinundan ko na rin lamang siya at saka pilit na inaagaw iyon hanggang sa wala na akong magawa dahil inupuan niya ang mga ito sa kama. "The security system of the units here is the best in this place. You won't have to worry about men entering just like what happened at the hospital."

"Does your unit have something for me to use so I could protect myself from you, as well?"

What I said actually seemed to boost his ego, judging from the smirk that suddenly lit up on his face. "So you actually think I am a threat to you?"

"Yes," I said a-matter-of-factly.

"How so?" he teased as he leaned forward, closely aiming for my face and looked down on my lips. I stepped back and pushed his face.

"You get a condo unit and order your designer, whoever that is to fill everything with pastel colours like you're living in a cotton candy land."

"Shouldn't that be more of a reason for you not to fear me?"

"I'm not scared of you."

"But you said I am a threat."

"I did. And you are."

"Because?"

"Of your lips!"

There was a long silence.

And it made me rethink about what just slipped out of my mouth. Oh, Lord. He's going to go after me again because of it.

"My lips?" Amusement was dripping from him and he didn't bother concealing them. He's definitely enjoying all of this.

"I'm sleepy."

"There's only one bathroom here," he said as he pulled me up and started ushering me out of the room and pushed me in with him to the bathroom. "Let's brush first, okay?"

He began squeezing toothpaste to a new set of toothbrushes from the magnetic holder.

"Hindi ako magsisipilyo."

He looked at me with a lopsided grin as if he knew what I am talking about. "Chill, hindi kita hahalikan sa labi."

I brushed anyway. Whether he says that or not. I just wanted to make sure he won't and it will come right out of his mouth because he claims to be a man of his words, right?

"Now get going and look for your place to sleep in," utos ko sa kanya bago ako humiga nang magaslaw sa kama para wala siyang mahigaan.

"You look cute in a pink bed," he laughed and didn't mind about me wriggling and pushing him when he tries to get on the bed because, well, he's big and strong and it's his bed.

"Yeah, you look like a girl in this pink bed," I came back as I flung pillows to him. I drew an imaginary line between us and said, "Bawal kang lumampas diyan."