30. All I Need pt 2.

Start from the beginning

"It's been so long since we've seen him settle down and find a girl he actually, genuinely likes." Octavia said.

"Really? How come?" Echo asked.

"He's not one for commitment." Clarke answered. "Roan doesn't settle for just anyone. He finds it hard to trust people since our dad left. But I can assure you, if he does love or even like someone, he'll do it with all he's got. He'll fight for you, protect you and love you like you're the most important thing in the world."

"Wow. I didn't realise Roan could feel things so deeply." Echo said softly.

"Family is important to Roan. He's protected me my whole life, it's nice to see him do that for someone else." Clarke smiled.

"You guys seem really close." Echo smiled, glancing over her shoulder at Roan who was throwing a ball around with Lincoln and Bellamy.

"We are. He's been my rock through some really tough times." Clarke nodded.

"But don't let that fool you, they also have some pretty intense fights." Octavia smirked.

"Like you and Bellamy don't?" Clarke snorted.

The rest of the afternoon passed by and the six friends finally decided to pack up and head back to Clarke's apartment as the sun began to set. Echo felt relieved that Roans friends and family had welcomed her and been so friendly towards her.

As they entered Clarke's apartment, Bellamy and Clarke headed to the kitchen to get everyone drinks and some snacks. Octavia and Lincoln looked through Clarke's movie collection, searching for something they could all watch. And Roan and Echo sat together in the armchair.

"Thanks for bringing me today, I actually really enjoyed it." Echo smiled at Roan.

"Good. I'm pleased you're getting on with everyone so well." Roan nodded with a small smile.

"I wasn't sure how Clarke would react, given mine and Bellamy's history, but she's been great. And those two just seem like they're made for each other." Echo grinned.

"We've all said the same thing from day one." Roan chuckled.

In the kitchen, Bellamy pulled drinks out the fridge while Clarke made popcorn for everyone.

"Have you told Roan or your Mom?" Bellamy asked.

"About not having kids?" Clarke raised a brow. Bellamy simply nodded his head. "No, I haven't told anyone but you."

"Don't you think you should tell them? You know Roan will ask questions and Octavia will definitely start pushing for a niece or nephew eventually." Bellamy said as he pulled the last beer from the fridge.

"I'll tell them eventually. Right now I just can't deal with the sympathetic looks or the 'oh Clarke I'm so sorry' comments." Clarke shook her head.

"I'm not trying to push you into telling them, but you're gonna have to at some point. It's bound to come up." Bellamy shrugged.

"Why is it so important to you that I tell them? They don't need to know right now." Clarke said, sounding a little agitated.

"I didn't say they had to know right now. But with everything going on with Gina, you know it's only a matter of time before someone starts asking." Bellamy said defensively.

"So we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now just isn't the time." Clarke said stubbornly.

"Whenever you're ready." Bellamy nodded. He understood why Clarke didn't want to tell anyone, she'd been through enough in the last few years. But he also didn't want her to be caught off guard when people started asking questions.

"I promise I'll tell them soon. At least Roan and Octavia." Clarke sighed.

"Just say the word and I'm there. Remember you're not alone in this Clarke. I'm here every step of the way." Bellamy smiled, placing his hands on her arms.

"I know." Clarke smiled gratefully.

"Come on, let's get this stuff in there and see what disaster movie Octavia has picked." Bellamy rolled his eyes.

Clarke let out a snort of laughter and nodded her head. She followed Bellamy into the living room and once everyone had been handed a beer and bowl of popcorn to share, Clarke perched on Bellamy's lap on the sofa. Bellamy's arm wrapped around Clarke's waist tightly, pulling her closer and he pressed a firm kiss to the top of her head. The two of them laid down and Clarke felt herself relax in the comfort of Bellamy's arms, listening to the steady thump of his heart.

Octavia and Lincoln curled up together on the floor with a blanket and some pillows. Octavia's head rested on Lincoln's chest. Lincoln wrapped his arm around his wife and pulled her close.

Echo still sat on Roans lap, her head tucked under his chin. Roans right arm wrapped around her waist while his left hand rested on her thigh.

Silence fell upon the six friends as Octavia started the movie and each person simply enjoyed the companionship of their significant others.

However the silence was interrupted as Bellamy's phone signalled that he had received a text message. He let out a small groan as he pulled his phone out his pocket to see who had disturbed him. Clarke watched from where she was laid on his chest, also wondering who had disturbed her peaceful moment. Bellamy opened the message and held the phone so both of them could see it. He had nothing to hide from Clarke. When Clarke saw who had sent the text, her heart dropped to her stomach.

"Why is Gina texting you?"