Final Letter - Part 1

Abhimanyu finally reached the last letter kept in that folder, 'you are made for me'. He looked at his wrist watch. It was his birthday gift gifted by Priyanka 4 years back, six months after they met. The watch had a black strap and a white dial. It was an analog watch. It was quite expensive, nearly two lacs. That was the only gift by Priyanka that he loved to a great extent as it made him realize that the right time will come. The time when he would finally be happy. He looked at the watch carefully and tried remembering the time when she had gifted it to him.
---

It was his birthday party and nearly 200 people were invited. There were expensive gifts. Highly expensive gifts. The party was a lavish one. His father left no stones unturned to make this birthday his best birthday. Priyanka was late. As soon as she arrived, all the boys present in that hall turned their gaze towards her. They were shamelessly gawking at her and Priyanka somewhere enjoyed the male attention. But she wanted that from someone else. She had worn a black mini skirt and a red crop top. Her gift was wrapped in a blue gift wrapper and she walked towards Abhimanyu while he was surrounded by 6 other female friends. She walked up to him and hugged him. She hugged him tightly as if she owned him and gave away the gift. And she said, "tumhara Waqt humesha Accha hoga. Koe takleef, koe musibat nhi aayegi. Yeh meri dua hai", she smiled and blinked her eyes twice. Abhimanyu kissed her cheek and said, "Tum ho toh kya fikar".

For a fact Abhimanyu knew that even during his college days he could not date anybody as he still loved Sehar and also after he decided to ask for apology from Sehar, he has been loving her. The main reason behind his confusion was that whether he ever loved Priyanka or was it always Sehar?. Was he forced to marry Priyanka, which he thought was true or was he the one who convinced Priyanka to get married to him. The only way to find the truth was to open the last letter. The final letter.

FINAL LETTER

How could he do that to me? I trusted him so much. I loved him so much. It was all perfect for 3 months and now this? Why? I know our relationship initially started off rough.

Abhimanyu tried remembering. He tried stopping his mind from thinking about Sehar and diverted his mind towards Priyanka. Their college romance was famous all over the college within 2 weeks. The hottest couple of Mithibai college - Abhimanyu Singh Rawat and Priyanka Jha. They were couple goals for many collegiate. Priyanka was madly in love with Abhimanyu unaware of the fact that her life was taking a dangerous turn which could lead to her end.
---

They met frequently after their 'imperfectly perfect date'. They loved spending time with each other. They loved each other's company. Priyanka was already head over heels for Abhimanyu But Abhimanyu took some time accepting the fact that 'yes I can unlove Sehar and love Priyanka'. I have to focus on my future. I must do that. They started dating and things went smoothly.

Every occasion was special. She was special. He liked her. He really did. But he was unsure whether he loved her or not? He didn't know. He didn't want to know rather. Their relationship was the talk of the town in the Prestigious College.

On their 3 months anniversary Priyanka planned a dinner date at hotel Maha palace as that place held a special in her heart. She booked their table and did the arrangements. Negating the universal fact, Priyanka reached the hotel first and waited for Abhimanyu for the next 4 minutes 33 seconds. As soon as he walked in he was shocked to see her arrive first. He had worn a crystal blue shirt and black formal pant. He had a bouquet in his hands with purple orchids and white lilies. Priyanka was dressed in a peach colored jumpsuit and nude heels. Her hair was tied in a high pony tail. She looked ravishing. They looked into each other's eyes and tried expressing their love through their eyes. Priyanka's eyes were at peace whereas Abhimanyu's eyes were filled with guilt. He kissed her forehead and they sat opposite to each other. "Why didn't you keep your hair open? I like them open i mean.", Abhimanyu asked while Priyanka's was checking her phone. "Uhm.. Just like that. Wanted to try a new hairstyle on my, I mean our anniversary", she smiled. He looked at her and could notice how happy she was and he could not gather the courage to tell her the truth.

They had their dinner and out of the blue he asked her, "why do you like me? I mean why me?". Priyanka didn't knew this was coming and she adjusted her ponytail. And kept her hands on his and looked into his eyes.
"Because I see love in those eyes of yours. Love. Love. And only love. Why is that?".
Abhimanyu felt guilty. She was right, his eyes were filled with love but not for her but for someone else. Someone whom he had loved all his life. They drove back to her place and kissed. Their intense kiss was steaming with fire. Abhimanyu tried stopping her like he always did but failed. They kissed for 15 minutes and then she realized that her living room's light was switched on. She immediately pushed him away.

"Arey abb kya hua? (what happened now?)", Abhimanyu asked. She chuckled and hurried towards her house. She turned back and looked at him and said, "I love You Abhi". Abhimanyu smiled like he always did. He never answered, never said 'I love you'. Those words had meaning attached to them. Those words were reserved for someone.

As soon as Priyanka reached home she received a text message. It read - Wow!! So you proved me wrong. You finally agreed to become the VICTORY trophy. Sad. I thought you would never date him but he was sure that you would. He has won the bet. And I lose. But it's okay I don't have much to lose as I lost you baby.

Your love
RAHIL.

Priyanka was stunned. She knew that this wasn't true and he was just trying to hurt her. He was just trying to create misunderstandings between Abhimanyu and her. She didn't believe it. Not even a single word present in that message. She tried calling Abhimanyu but his phone was switched off. She tried calming herself down. 'Come on Priyanka, Abhi loves you. But he has never confessed. But he shows his love through his gestures. I have seen true love in his eyes. What if thats not for me. He has never spoken  about the presence of anyone else in his life. Why?? Why I am thinking so much. All cool. All cool. I love him. He loves... Yeah he does '. Priyanka tried reassuring herself and for the first time in 4 months she took her  pills. Her anxiety attacks were back.

She knew she had to face this situation. And tomorrow he would come to her and say that it's all fucking bullshit and that he loves her and he would hug her tightly. It would all be normal.

-----

Abhimanyu looked at himself in the mirror and said, 'how many hearts have u broken.? How many times will you hurt people? . How many lives have you destroyed?'. He couldn't read the final letter. He couldn't read it further but the last part of the letter was written in bold which caught his notice.

"Sehar Singnania is doomed. If you are not mine you can be with nobody. Nobody!!!!!".

-----------

The story is taking a different turn now.

How did Abhimanyu hurt Priyanka?

Who is Abhimanyu's true lover?

To know more, keep reading

THE PART OF ME LEFT BEHIND