She Is Coming

"What are you talking about?", Abhimanyu freaked out.

"Fortis Delhi", she hung up.

'Accident. No it can't be. She did text Shanaya that she had reached Airport. Then what is the issue? Is she ill. But hospitalized? No no no wait. Maybe she is not leaving Delhi. Yeah this means she is not leaving Delhi. I still have time to know the truth. To clear the misunderstandings. I will not let her go this time. This is it!!!'. Abhimanyu ran towards the reception and requested the receptionist to book a cab. As soon as the cab arrived he jumped inside the cab and asked the driver to drive as fast as he could. In the meanwhile he went back to continue thinking more about the events that had occurred.

-------

"I asked you something Abhi. Who is Sehar?", Priyanka looked straight into his eyes.

"Sehar woh hai jiske wajah se mai aaj bhi kisi se kabhi bhi Pyaar nahi karr saka (Sehar is that person because of whom I could never love anyone else apart from her)", Abhimanyu noticed Priyanka's eyes getting moist. She smiled and then laughed. "Oh Abhi nice joke. And nice performance. I know you love me and have always been loving me. I know you are lying", she held his hands. Tight. "Accha baby you know".

"I never said I love you", Abhimanyu stopped her from escaping the situation. Priyanka turned back and pushed him away. "Never said I love you. Are you serious?", she screamed.
But when Priyanka recapitulated the situation she realized that he had actually never confessed his love for her. Abhimanyu calmed her down and kept his hands on her shoulder.

"You know me. You know everything about me. But I have been lying to you about something", Abhimanyu's voice grew intense.
"No abhi don't do this".
"Rahil isn't lying. Dating you was a bet."
"What?", Priyanka wiped her tears and looked at him. He was standing with his face bowed down looking at the ground.

"Pri..", she slapped him. Once. Twice. Thrice and then broke down in agony. She sat down on the floor and weep with sorrow evident in her tears. The love of her life treated her like an object for victory. He used her. He did the same thing what Rahil did with her. Maybe even worse. Abhimanyu could not face her. He did not look into her eyes. There was an uncomfortable silence in the atmosphere.

"Do you love her", She murmured. Abhimanyu looked at her and sat on the ground. "Priyanka look..", she wiped her tears and said, "Do you?". Abhimanyu didn't know what to say or how to react to this. He himself didn't know whether he loved Sehar or not. Whether he liked her or still likes or is it just the guilt which is why she is still on his mind. He was confused all over again.

" Priyanka I did this for Mihir. My feelings for Sehar were never the reason. You were never my second option",Priyanka didn't look at him. She didn't respond. Abhimanyu continued.
"Mihir was in love with a guy. Homosexuality is not accepted in our society and he was labeled a disgrace. His partner did not have the courage to accept his own identity and fled from the city. Mihir was heartbroken. But he was unaware of the fact that Rahil and his group had a video. A MMS which could ruin his entire life. Jo baatien Chaar log karr rahe the puri duniya karrti (earlier only few people knew his sexuality and made fun of him but if the MMS would have been leaked the whole world would have known). Mihir attempted to commit suicide last year due to the same reason. He was unable to accept his true self. I saved him that day. I can't lose him Priyanka . He is my best friend. Rahil had that video. He proposed the bet. He said he would delete the video if and only if I win over you which was the most difficult task according to them. Priyanka I never ever disrespected or my feelings weren't unreal. I did feel something for you if not love",Abhimanyu said this in one go and then gasped for breath.

" Mihir... Rahil.. Mms.. Gang.. Feelings huh got it. But just one last question. Do you love me? "

" Priyanka... See"

"Yes or no? Do you like her?", Priyanka leaned closer towards Abhimanyu and held his collar swiftly, "Sehar right?".

Abhimanyu closed his eyes. He didn't know what to do or what not to do. He was waiting for his mind to calm a little and think more. He thought of every single day he had spent with Priyanka. He was happy. It was joyous. Those moments were precious. Will always be precious. But, when he thought of Sehar his heart skipped a beat, his face automatically had a slight smile. Her smile, her innocence, her madness, her voice, her tears, her fears and above all her love for him screened on his mind. He could not resist himself from thinking about her even more.

"Do you?"

"I do", he whispered.

That is it he thought. His 3 months relationship with Priyanka was over. She would never forgive him. But, to his surprise she said, "she is lucky Abhi, but does she even know that you like her or lets say Love her?".

Abhimanyu's face had shocking expressions. He could not believe to what he was listening.

"Come on Abhi, yeah I am dejected but if she is the one then she is the one. By the way when are you planning to meet her?"

Abhimanyu smiled. He joined his hands and thanked God. He was happy that he was forgiven.

"Uhm 25th May most probably".

"Which is day after tomorrow right?"

"I guess"

"Fine then. Even I wanna see her. I wanna know her basically. Will that be a problem?"

"Of course not. Well first of all she has to turn up. I hope she does".

Priyanka kept her hand on his shoulder and said, "She has to baby".

The car drive back home was in silence. They spoke less. They didn't have anything to speak about. Abhimanyu tried coming up with random topics but failed miserably as Priyanka answered in one liners and tried wrapping up the conversation as soon as possible. He dropped her home and went back to his hostel room.

Mihir was awestruck hearing this. He was elated by the news and was waiting for Sehar's reply. At 3:17 am Mihir received an email which read

Sender - Seharsinghania21@gmail.com

Fine then meet you on 25th May.

Everything was just perfect. At the right place. Sehar was finally coming to Mumbai after 4 years. Misunderstandings, guilts, negativity all of this would be finally cleared

Abhimanyu had thought but....

_---------

Will Abhimanyu and Sehar meet?
What happened on 25th may 2011?
What is Priyanka up to?
Was the truth already known to Sehar?

To find the answers keep reading

THE PART OF ME LEFT BEHIND.