illegal

Valeria POV

I managed to finish the sweet bread and gingerbread men, and Melody and Francisca helped me make allspice cookies, cinnamon bread, a Christmas cake and brownies. The morning passed quickly, and soon it was eleven thirty.

I was working on getting all the decorations out, with Melody and Francisca's help, when Lilac came running down the stairs exclaiming,

"Valeria unnie, the boys just landed! They'll be here in two hours!" She skidded to a stop in front of me, panting hard.

"Alright, calm down. Melody, go wake up Rose and Honey. Tell them to get ready then come down and help. Lilac, go get Euphoria and Hope and all of you get to decorating. Francisca, could you please come help me get the sheets ready in our guest bedrooms?" I asked, and she nodded. We went to the laundry room in the basement, walking calmly as Melody and Lilac darted to accomplish the tasks I had set them.

"They're highly excitable still, I see." Francisca remarked in Korean. I chuckled and reached for the clean green sheets I kept ready for guests, replying as I put the linen in a basket,

"Oh yes indeed. When it comes to the Bangtan boys, I think they're even worse than before." I took the Christmas comforters and blankets from the dryer, where they had just recently finished their cycle, piling them into another hamper. Francisca took the basket with the sheets and I took the larger basket with the blankets, and she asked as we climbed the stairs,

"Are any of the boys serious about the girls yet?" I led her to the guest rooms, opening the door before I answered,

"Not yet, but I get the feeling they will be soon. I mentioned it to the girls, and they made me sort of like a Mom. The boys have to talk to me and get permission before starting to court the girls." I set my basket down in a corner of the room, stretching a bit before examining the room.

There were three guest rooms we were going to use, which were all big rooms with a view overlooking the fields and had a beautiful view of the sunset, had two beds on opposite walls except in the last room which had one set of bunkbeds for the maknae line, and two tall-boy dressers in corners opposite to the beds. The furniture was all modern style and painted black, going for the simplistic but nice look, and the nightstands beside the head of each bed were the only black and white pieces of furniture in the room.

"Alright, I dusted and vaccuumed, etcetera a few days ago, so let's change the sheets, then we can get to decorating the rooms." I decided, and Francisca nodded in agreement. So we did.

We put the green linen sheets on the bed, giving each bed two pillows, then put a Christmas-red comforter on, and finally draped a folded Christmas blanket over the foot of the bed in case they got cold. We did this in each room, then I brought up the decorations we had bought for the rooms. Rose came up and helped us, so we finished twenty minutes before BTS were supposed to get to our house.

We three went back downstairs to help finish the decorating in a mad rush, and then, right as we gave up on finishing before they came and were sitting on the couch panting,  Melody got a text from Jin.

"Oh my gosh! They got a flat, so they'll be an hour and a half late!" She exclaimed, and we all jumped up, getting back to work quickly.

"Since we don't want to exhaust our Christmas songs, let's listen to some Owl City!" Euphoria suggested, and we agreed: Owl City was an old favorite of ours, and the fast beats to their songs often helped us work faster.

We finished decorating after an hour and ten minutes, then we started listening to Lindsey Stirling's Warmer in the Winter album, as we cleaned up. The Grinch song featuring Sabrina Carpenter started playing, which was my favorite, so I started singing along, dancing with Rose, Euphoria and Lilac.