The Technological Side of Vocaloid

A lot of people don't really know the technological side of Vocaloid. They only see the outer shell, the finished product. Well, I can tell you that Vocaloid is NOT a text to speech software, it is NOT randomly generated and it's more advanced than what you may think. In the simplest way I can explain it, you have to manually place down notes (or insert an MIDI file), insert the lyrics, tune said Vocaloid to your liking, and do whatever you need to do until your project is finished. And no, you don't exactly have to be an experienced musician to know how Vocaloid works.

Yes, it's required you have some knowledge in music but you don't have to be experienced. That's the beauty about Vocaloid. What most people don't know is Vocaloids have a set range for their voices so people know if it's made for beginners or all levels. Hatsune Miku, for example, is a great beginner Vocaloid. I heard she's easy to use and tune. That's partially why she's so popular. She's easy to use for most beginners.

But I know most people don't like Miku because of said popularity and voice. If you're a beginner and look into stuff like quality and if it's easy to use, I recommend doing some searching first before purchasing a Vocaloid. For me, I don't really care as long as I'm able to afford it. Most Vocaloids don't cost that much in USD, anyways. Some can go as low as $50 and the most expensive they can get is $100+ USD. It's the bundles that tend to be most expensive. It's better to purchase individual voicebanks if you're on a budget.

The individuals can cost around $70 USD but all together, they cost around $200 USD. I say this because Vocaloids like Macne Nana, Gumi and Gackpoid's bundles are quite expensive. But their individual voicebanks don't cost as much. So yeah. Go within your budget. Lol.