The Missing Link

-[Above is the character design for a new character being introduced to the story! Continue reading to find out who she is! ;) ]-

Kanan rushed over to the girl sitting in the dark room and released her from her restraints. She was very hesitant of all three of them, but she eventually stood with the help of Kanan while Ezra helped Astoria stand. As she stepped into the light, the Padawans could see her features better.

She looked to be about 16 years old. She had brown, wavy hair with a braid that ended in the back of her hair and indigo-colored eyes with a pale blue eyeshadow and winged eyeliner. Her lips had lipstick that tinted them a reddish-pink color. Her skin was tan and her face had freckles all over her cheeks and across the bridge of her nose. She wore a dark, navy blue shirt that came off her shoulders and went across her chest with a black, knee-length skirt and black, knee-height, lace-up boots. She had a braided bracelet on her right wrist that had a silver moon charm on it and a matching black choker with the same moon charm on it.

"W-Who are you guys?" The girl asked as Kanan helped her out of the dark room, "How did you find me?"

"We're Jedi Padawans. I'm Ezra Bridger," Ezra said.

"I'm Kanan Jarrus," Kanan added.

"And I'm Astoria.. Cannossis.." Astoria said, hesitantly stating her last name in the event that this girl knew the names of her captors

The girl seemed surprised to hear Astoria's name at all, but it didn't seem to be in a negative way. Astoria became a bit confused, but her confusion quickly switched to pain as her shot wound got worse and she winced.

"Come on, let's get you both out of here," Ezra said.

"Yeah, and it better be fast," the girl said, "More Stormtroopers will be on their way soon."

Ezra nodded. "Right.."

Ezra helped Astoria walk to the exit while Kanan did the same with the girl they found in the room. Once they got outside and closer to their fighters, the three Padawans could see just how badly wounded the girl was.

She had cuts and bruises all over her body. Deep gashes - likely from whips - lined her back and upper arms. The deepest, most worrying cuts were on the girl's wrists. Astoria noticed those cuts and quickly turned away. Kanan and Ezra exchanged a nervous glance.

"Who did all of this to you?" Kanan asked.

The girl stayed quiet for a long moment before simply stating, "Someone who deserves to go to Hell for..-" She stopped herself, as if what she was about to say would compromise something, then she sighed, "-..The very roots of this new 'Empire' did this." She finished plainly.

Astoria faced the ground, seemingly ashamed - likely of being related to the two who started this mess. The girl seemed to notice and wanted to say something, but she turned away and held her peace.

They soon reached their ships, but had to leave Astoria's behind as she couldn't pilot her ship with her wound; though they planned to come back for it later. The girl flew with Kanan back to the base while Astoria flew with Ezra.

They soon reached base and were immediately rushed to by medics. Upon seeing Astoria's bullet wound and the new girl's wounds, they brought the two quickly to the medical bay.

While the two girls were being treated, Ezra and Kanan flew back to the Empire base to retrieve Astoria's Fighter. Once they made it back safely once again, they rushed to go see if Astoria and the girl they saved would be alright.

* * *
Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan stood at the corner of the same hallway the Padawans had gone through to get in and out of the base. To their left, a short hall led to a heavily guarded door with ten Stormtroopers keeping watch that would enter into the room that had the antidote and virus they needed to retrieve samples of. For now, though, they stood quietly behind a corner, discussing a plan of action in very hushed tones.