Reverie & Newcomers

-[My personal character - Astoria Canossis - is entering this story in this chapter. She is not going to be a main character, but she will be in this story somewhat often. Just wanted to point this out to you guys. That's all for now! As always, enjoy and welcome to the Dark Side!]-

Anakin was walking down the hall to Ahsoka's room, despite it being the middle of the night. He walked fast and kept his pace, occasionally speeding up a little to reach Ahsoka quicker. He had passed Obi-Wan's quarters a few minutes back now, but he didn't need Obi-Wan right now. If anything, he may make things worse.

Anakin kept walking until he reached the door to Ahsoka's hospital room. He quickly turned the knob to the door and opened it. Ahsoka was sitting up on the edge of her bed with tears running down her face.

Anakin quickly rushed over to her and embraced her. She hugged him back tightly.

"What was that..?" She whispered through her tears. Anakin hugged her a little tighter.

"I.. I don't know.." He said, "It was like my memory of when I had to.. bring you back to life.. but... that memory we saw wasn't right.. you obviously made it through that.."

Ahsoka continued to sob as she and Anakin held each other in each other's arms. Anakin had been holding back tears since the second he woke up. He knew that if he let Ahsoka see him scared or worried, it would scare her more than she already was.

Anakin continued to hug Ahsoka and said in a quiet and comforting tone, "It'll be ok.. it was just a dream.. it can't happen anyways; that happened in the past.."

Ahsoka squeezed Anakin tighter and whispered through her sobs of fear, "I hope you're right.."

Anakin pulled out of the hug, but kept his hands on her shoulders for a moment longer.

"Do you want me to stay here for the night?" Anakin asked, "We have to meet that new Padawan tomorrow, so we need to get some sleep."

Ahsoka nodded, "Yeah.. but where will you sleep..?"

Anakin pointed to the chair he had been sitting in earlier, waiting for Ahsoka to wake up, "I can sleep there."

"Are you sure?" Ahsoka asked, "I.. can sleep alone if you want to sleep in your room.."

Anakin shook his head a little, "Nope, I'm fine. I'm sleeping right here," He said, sitting down in the chair.

Ahsoka smiled a little and laid back down on her hospital bed.
———————————————————————
The next morning...
Anakin woke up sitting in a chair next to Ahsoka's hospital bed. For a split second, he forgot why he was in there and how, then remembered what had happened the previous night. He stretched as Ahsoka began to wake up as well. She rubbed her eyes and stretched, too.

"Morning, Snips," Anakin said, standing and walking over to her as she sat up in her bed.

"Hey.." She said drowsily. She smiled at Anakin a little and he smiled back.

Just then, a doctor walked in.

"Good morning," She said, "Ahsoka, I just wanted to tell you that you're healthy enough to leave. Just take it easy, ok?"

She nodded, "Right.. thanks."

The doctor smiled and left.

"What time is it?" Ahsoka asked. Anakin looked at a clock in the corner of the room and read it.

"9:33," Anakin said. Ahsoka sat up on the edge of her bed somewhat quickly.

"Don't we have to meet that new Padawan at 10:00?" She asked.