Few Day Castaways - Part 1

Approximately two weeks after Padawan Astoria Canossis abandoned the Jedi Council, presumably for the Dark Side...

Anakin knocked on Ahsoka's door. She had barely spoken to anyone but Anakin and Obi-Wan since the incident with the torn Padawan. Even then, she would mostly only talk to Anakin. She would say few words either way, though. Anakin knew that she blamed herself for what happened with Astoria and he hated that she did.

Ahsoka came to the door and opened it for Anakin, not saying a word, then going over to her couch to sit down.

He followed her in, as he did every time she wouldn't say anything, and sat down next to her.

"How are you today?" Anakin asked Ahsoka, somewhat knowing the answer.

"A little better, I guess.." She responded with a shrug, as she usually did, "What about you? How are you?"

"I'm decent," Anakin said, putting an arm around Ahsoka casually as he leaned back against her couch.

Ahsoka did the same with a sigh and closed her eyes. Anakin sensed that she seemed more upset — more depressed — than usual.

"Ahsoka, what's wrong?" He asked, concern clear in his voice. She shrugged, seemingly in a little bit of pain.

Anakin stared at her, studying her, for a long moment, trying to figure out what was wrong if he could. All he could notice was that she seemed to be in some kind of pain.

"Ahsoka, please tell me what's wrong," Anakin implored once again. Ahsoka squeezed her eyes shut in order not to cry.

"I'm.. in pain.. a lot of it.." She began, "And.. I have been for a while.."

"How long is a while..?" Anakin asked, concerned. She sighed again; it sounded more quivering this time, as if she were about to cry.

"Since Astoria.. left.."

Upon hearing this, Anakin froze.

"What.. what kind of pain..?" Anakin asked reluctantly.

"Like.. a crushing weight on my chest.. a knot in my stomach.."

She paused for a moment before continuing.

"Anakin.. it feels like how you felt when I left the Jedi Order.. when I left you..."

Anakin sat in silence, tears formed in his eyes.

"I sensed the pain, the crushing weight, that day as I walked away from you... honestly, I think the entire temple sensed it.. I know you still have nightmares of that day from a year ago, and when you do, you feel this pain again... I'm sorry I caused you something this awful.."

Ahsoka had tears flowing down her face. Anakin had tears in his eyes. He slowly reached up to Ahsoka's cheek and wiped away a tear that had fallen. He faintly smiled at Ahsoka as reassurance.

"Ahsoka, it's ok.." Anakin said. She looked into his eyes and took a small step closer to him. They both blushed lightly.

Then, before either of them knew what they were doing, they kissed. They stayed as they were for a moment, then Ahsoka loosely wrapped her arms around Anakin's neck as he put his hands on her upper waist and they continued to kiss.

After a minute, they slowly broke the kiss and stayed in their positions.

"Ya know, Obi-Wan told me we won't have to go on another mission for a while," Anakin said, "Maybe we could get away, go on a vacation."

Ahsoka smiled for the first time Anakin saw in a while.

"That sounds fun," She said, "But where would we go?"

Anakin shrugged, "I don't know. Anywhere you want—"

"TATOOINE!" Ahsoka said jokingly, interrupting Anakin.

"—Except Tatooine," Anakin finished.

Ahsoka laughed and sat back down on her couch, along with Anakin. Anakin smiled at the sight of her being happy again. He knew it might not last forever, but at least they could both enjoy it for now.