Chapter Twenty Two: First Impressions

Start from the beginning

If his house is anything like his beach house, then it's going to be wonderful.

Eventually, we pulled up to towering metal gate. Large dragon statues stood on either side of the gate. A looming hedge obscured the view of the house.

The chauffeur pressed a button next the steering wheel and the gates began to open slowly.

I could practically hear angels singing as the car pulled into the Sohn Family property. The town car drove through perfectly manicured foliage before pulling into a massive driveway.

My jaw fell open when the I saw Shownu's house.

I had never seen a house so large and beautiful before

Shownu looked over at me, a curious expression on her face.

"What?" Shownu asked, "Surprised?"

"W-well..." I stuttered, "Of course! I mean, have you seen this place?"

Shownu glanced over at his house before shrugging.

"Compared to your house, I live in a tent." I muttered.

The chauffeur came around to open our doors. A fleet of butlers were waiting for us. They bowed once Shownu and I approached.

"Welcome back Master Shownu." They said in unison. I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Your mother and father are waiting for you in the dining room," Another butler added, "Shall I lead you there?"

"I know where it is," Shownu replied.

The fleet of butlers followed closely behind Shownu and I as we entered the mansion.

The inside of the mansion was just as stunning as the outside. The marble floors were waxed to perfection, they glimmered underneath the reflective light of the many chandeliers. A mini water fountain was set before the large staircase that split in two directions.

'Wow

'Wow... people really live like this.'

Shownu watched my reaction, chuckling for a moment.